Musky catch by 2 isu alums

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At :17: always happens when you're not paying attention.

I can always pick out the musky guys because I can see them flinging their squirrel sized lures from a mile away.

Where was this?

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Gotta admit, I'm a bit jelous seeing that monster strike after it looked like you had given up on that figure 8. Haha! Go figure.

I'm still mentally recovering from my last trip to the Chippewa Flowage. I saw more fish in a week than I usually do, but didn't net a single one. I had 5 follows all the way to the boat on the same Grandma crankbait that week, and nothing. They were clearly enticed, but not enough to strike on the figure 8.

Reactions: cedarstrip

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
Gotta admit, I'm a bit jelous seeing that monster strike after it looked like you had given up on that figure 8. Haha! Go figure.

I'm still mentally recovering from my last trip to the Chippewa Flowage. I saw more fish in a week than I usually do, but didn't net a single one. I had 5 follows all the way to the boat on the same Grandma crankbait that week, and nothing. They were clearly enticed, but not enough to strike on the figure 8.

I fish musky tournaments and this year the championship is going to be on the chip. I have never been. I might have to pick your brain a little if we qualify!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Very cool! Yeah, I love the place. Very unspoiled and such a diverse body of water, which makes it a continuous challenge. Good luck!

Never been to the Chippewa Flowage but have explored lots of stuff SE and East of there.

Been watching some videos and thinking of attempting to yak/pack and fish and camp around some islands some time next summer.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This was on Mille Lacs several years ago in late October.
Nice...Mille Lacs primarily a Walleye lake, but the slot restrictions that last several years have pushed most fishermen away from the lake. Too bad...many great memories as a kid limiting out on the lake.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If only I had a wife
giphy.gif

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Nice...Mille Lacs primarily a Walleye lake, but the slot restrictions that last several years have pushed most fishermen away from the lake. Too bad...many great memories as a kid limiting out on the lake.
One could argue Mille Lacs is no longer a Walleye Lake. Zebra Mussles have just devastated some of the lakes in northern minnesota. Winnie too.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

My wife bought me a guided musky 1 day last year. I had 7 follows before I fianlly caught a fish. Cool and frustrating at the same time.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
One could argue Mille Lacs is no longer a Walleye Lake. Zebra Mussles have just devastated some of the lakes in northern minnesota. Winnie too.
They had to drain Cunningham Lake in Omaha for the second time in order to try to get rid of all the zebra mussels. Apparently didn't get them all last time. That was last year. With all the flooding we had last year I'm not sure they got it done yet or not. Would have to drive by and check it out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron