Crazy kicking stat...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He's not a horrible kicker. He's just missed at some really inopportune times.

He gets put out on an island due to position but this team as a whole missed what was needed at inopportune times.

That 74 yard run TD today by what apparently not that good of an RB. Woof.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He's not a horrible kicker. He's just missed at some really inopportune times.

Remember people saying the same thing about Shaggy back in the days too but would say he blew a lot more important kicks than Assalley has. It would take a lot to top blowing back to back seasons a missed FG costing us a spot in the Big12 championship game.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
When i saw this thread... I really thought it was going to be some crazy high FG percentage for our opponents. From the UNI kicker not missing beyond 45 yards to the ND kicker drilling the low 52 yarder - it really seems I haven't seen the other team miss many this year lol.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
When i saw this thread... I really thought it was going to be some crazy high FG percentage for our opponents. From the UNI kicker not missing beyond 45 yards to the ND kicker drilling the low 52 yarder - it really seems I haven't seen the other team miss many this year lol.
The Iowa kicker made several kicks at Jack Trice this year too

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The Iowa kicker made several kicks at Jack Trice this year too
Everyone made kicks at Jack Trice this year. 14/17 for 82%. TCU, ULM and KU all missed one and UNI, Iowa, Okie St were perfect (Texas didn’t attempt one).The years of the jack being considered a wind tunnel are long behind us.

Our kickers were a surprising 12/14 at home for 86%, although some of that can be attributed to not attempting tough kicks.

• Informative
Reactions: brycy