This is why Prohm must go........

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm no expert, but I watch us and I just can't figure out the plan. What is it we are trying to do? What are we good at? What exactly do we do at practice? What exactly do we talk about at halftime?

I want to like Prohm, but his body of work thus far is very "meh" with as much talent at his disposal as we've ever seen here. Morris, Niang, Thomas, Naz, Burton, THT, Shayok, Lindell, Tyrese. All professional basketball players. Yet somehow we continue to be pretty average at best.

Lahey

Nov 2, 2015
Yeah but the girl who dumped us got domestically abused by the rich guy, and is now dating the slow guy that has a hub cap collection in his front yard.
A fall from grace on both sides at the end of the 20-21 season is the perfect recipe to bring our beautiful boy back home.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Couple names ... Paul Rhoads, Kevin Jackson ... who's missing them. If Steven goes whos really going to miss him?

This is like the frog in the boiling water thing. We should have jumped out of this a long time ago. Only going to be harder now and the risks higher.

Maybe Polard is just dragging his feet till Naz is available or somthing.....

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Ive been a Prohm defender, but no more unless he seriously shakes up the lineup. No more Jacobson, he isn’t a power 5 player
Dumb statement. He played poorly last night, but at the five last year he was great late in the season, especially in KC last year. He's not in a good role as the 4. He was good for ISU last year as a small ball 5.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I turned the game off after the first 12 minutes. It looked like these kids thought they were still playing in the Cap City summer league.

I'm looking forward to going to Orlando in two weeks. I'm done with basketball.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Dumb statement. He played poorly last night, but at the five last year he was great late in the season, especially in KC last year. He's not in a good role as the 4. He was good for ISU last year as a small ball 5.

Dude was bricking 3 balls and getting munched by Garza. Put lip stick on a pig and its still a pig fellas.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Young played great though. (Outside of deciding to shoot a 20 footer over JoBo instead of posting him up). Young got hosed by the refs a few times in that game (McCaffrey running into his elbow and flopping, Joe T jumping into him and throwing a shoulder into his jaw and Young still got the foul)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Dude was bricking 3 balls and getting munched by Garza. Put lip stick on a pig and its still a pig fellas.
So confirming what I said - he played poorly last night. A ******* said Jacobsen wasn't a P5 player, which of course is a stupid statement. Guys that have moments of carrying a team against the top of the Big 12 in March are clearly power conference level players.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
ISU plays scared because they are coached scared. Prohm said he wanted 4 guys back on transition D and said we lost the game because of transition D! WOW, I watched the wrong game!

Most people understand you can suck the will out of the opposition with offensive rebounds. With a philosophy like the above, ISU will lose. Iowa got offensive rebounds a lot and some big ones where you could feel momentum being smashed away from ISU. The lack of offensive board aggressiveness carries over to defensive boards. The team plays scared and is coached scared. Think of the guards last night. When they 'drove' to the basket they decided to take running floaters instead of going strong to the hoop. This is the very definition of playing scared. The coach has been coaching scared and it shows with this team.

This team can't shoot, defend or rebound. They are mediocre at best and when there is no effort there will be major issues throughout the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloned4Life

Cykobabble

Oct 22, 2009
Just hoping that SP doesn't become like another Greg McDermott . . start gradually losing fans and Hilton Magic. . . McDermott could recruit talent, but couldn't coach.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Just hoping that SP doesn't become like another Greg McDermott . . start gradually losing fans and Hilton Magic. . . McDermott could recruit talent, but couldn't coach.

Tiz the greatest fear of all..... The McD years were like a plague fell over the fertile hoop lands of Hilton. The only way to save yourself was to stay home and try to ignore it and hope it would one day leave.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Losing last night is one thing - virtually nobody thought it was a guaranteed win - but ISU should never, ever, ever look that outclassed on its own home floor against a Fran McCaffery team.

There's simply no spinning it, and to his credit Prohm didn't try to.

This is the main issue for me. It's not the loss, it's that we got embarrassed on our own floor by a Fran team. There is no excuse for that.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
My biggest problem with Prohm's philosophy is not attacking mismatches. Early in that game Iowa was switching ball screens, I don't know how many time Young and Jacobson had JoBo defending them into the post and we didn't even look to get a post entry. The one time we did and Young jacked up a 20 foot jump shot. If a guard is on one of those guys we have to get it entered. If it draws a double, then get it back out or cut.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
i will say 4 year guys mean a whole lot more to a programs success than 1/2 year guys.
I completely agree with this. Having one guy or even two guys on your roster that leave early is manageable, but when every year you're starting from scratch, it's going to be very hard for the team to figure things out. You have to have a core group of guys and sprinkle in the one and done guys. I think we have some guys on this team that are good but the best guys on this team are all sophomores.

• Winner
Reactions: Joel1

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I completely agree with this. Having one guy or even two guys on your roster that leave early is manageable, but when every year you're starting from scratch, it's going to be very hard for the team to figure things out. You have to have a core group of guys and sprinkle in the one and done guys. I think we have some guys on this team that are good but the best guys on this team are all sophomores.

prohm got gutted after naz/morris sr. year.

hence the bad season that followed.

we knew this team had question marks going into the year and then when those questions marks are shown, everyone freaks the f*** out. chill bros jeesh

• Winner
Reactions: Joel1

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Home winning percentage

Hoiberg .872
Eustachy .831
Morgan .800
Floyd .758
Prohm .753
McDermott .666

That's not bad, but the trend isn't looking good since the Hoiberg recruits have left. Prohm's teams seem to suffer way too much roster turnover to get any consistent results.

Next year will be another bottom 1/3rd finish if Haliburton leaves.

Starting back court of Bolton, Jackson and Grill?