***Official Insider Information Weekly Mailbag 12-11-2019***

Thoughts on this week's mailbag

• Total voters

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
@CloneLawman asks: What do you suppose was Surly 's reaction to the Camping World Bowl selecting ISU (and not the forces of EMAW)?
GTO:
giphy.gif
GTO, that is exactly how I picture Surly.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
@CoachHines3 trying to get in the mailbag’s good graces: what does coach hines need to do to get in @GTO signature line?
Fitzy: I’ve heard it’s a complicated process that involves learning to dance the Foxtrot and acquiring a pet monkey.
Pants: He needs to become Miss Swan.
GTO: I see you. Just make sure you don’t slip and you may end up there at some point.
It's become easier to get on GTOs signature line. I had to break dance, including a 1080 head spin. Do you know how hard that is for somebody like me?

@NWICY asks: Who will send more fans to the Camping bowl, us or the Domers? I was going to use the term fish eaters but you know I'm sensitive and woke about those type of things.
How long into the game before we either get a Iowa Sucks or F*ck Iowa chant at the mbb game Thurs nite. GTO please insert why not both GIF.
Pants:
Definitely Iowa State. Notre Dame's fans are not going to be up for this game at all.
Also, I’m going to just start the “**** Iowa” thing right now, so 6:47pm EST on Tuesday, 12/10/19.
GTO: Iowa State for sure will send more people to the Camping World Bowl. I predict 65% Clone fans, 34.90% ND fans, and .10% Hok fans wearing their stupid school colors. Anti-Iowa chants will start right at their player intros. It will be **** Iowa for sure.
Fitzy: I’m pretty confident Iowa State fans will represent better at this game simply because Notre Dame fans are disappointed in the bowl and disappointed in their opponent. They’ll stay home for the holidays and watch Rudy on repeat instead.
The chant will be “**** the Hawkeyes” and it will happen well before tip time.
Pants: **** the Hawkeyes, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap just flows so well!
1. ND will send more people to Orlando but most of them will be busy"working" on the golf courses during the game. This opinion is based upon the one person I know that went to ND. He seemed to always be too busy to do stuff with his kids and girlfriend (She was a friend of ours. Also, he was divorced) because he had important meetings with "business" clients on the golf course constantly.

2. The chant should be Fran Need Prozac (clap, clap, plap clap clap)

Pants: Probably a 6? I thought it would be Cheez it or Liberty, so pleasantly surprised. That said, I have no idea anymore on what bowls are actually good bowls and what ones aren’t because they ALL have stupid names now.
I couldn't agree with this more.

@jcyclonee asks: This is a mailbag question.
What do you think of N-Dubs apophasis?
Fitzy:
Live and let live.
Pants: I would never want to judge it, especially if it were something really awful.
GTO: Never seen it, but have heard stories...
Thank you. This is the comment that was stuck in my brain but wouldn't come out.

@cmjh10 with a seasonal question: Best Christmas song?
GTO:
Instrumental - Deck The Halls, Classic - White Christmas or The Christmas Song, Modern - I love many of the remixed classics or odd hip-hop versions. Couple of them listed below.
Fitzy: White Christmas, Bing Crosby. I’m a sucker for the classics.
Pants: Fitzy has got it. White Christmas by Bing Crosby. Also Mele Kalikimaka and Blue Christmas.
GTO: some remixed Christmas songs to get you guys in the spirit of the season:
You are all wrong. Burl Ives' Holly Jolly Christmas is the best Christmas song.

Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Fitzy - penalty box for throwing in hockey (although your movie choice is one of my favorite sports movies)
Pants - Toe Pick! But they were never on a tennis court...
GTO: Your track choice was better than the efforts of Fitzy and Pants, but...

Come ON, guys! It won FOUR Oscars, including Best Picture!

I thought of Chariots of Fire and McFarland, USA, but did not include them since I have not watched either of them. I also thought of including the old classic The Naked Prey, which I have seen and found disturbing. Maybe that one qualifies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
These were easy.

Football -- The Waterboy

Basketball -- White Men Can't Jump

Baseball -- Major League

Wrestling -- Man on the Moon

Track -- Without Limits

Tennis -- Battle of the Sexes

Golf -- Caddyshack

Football - Brian's Song
Basketball - Hoosiers
Baseball - Bang the Drum Slowly
Wrestling - I think I once watched a movie called Takedown that was pretty good. If it's bad, it's not my fault. I was probably in Junior High.
Track - I don't know. I'll probably go with Grease. ONJ looked pretty good in the hot pants.
Tennis - Fletch
Golf Caddyshack

After the first three, I was a little worried that I only liked sports movies that made me cry but that made sense being that I'm a Cyclones and Vikings fan.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@BCClone asks: What has been lost in Garza’s eyebrows?
Pants:
His virginity.
GTO: Jimmy Hoffa’s body.
Fitzy: The Ark of the Covenant.
Perfect answers!
@BCClone asks: Which character do you say you are most similar to in:
1) Animal House?
2) Young guns?
3) Finding Nemo?
GTO:

1. Haven’t watched it.
  2. Jose Chavez y Chavez (Lou Diamond Phillips) - for reasons.
  3. 100% Marlin - everything is a risk assessment with me.
Fitzy:
1. Boon.
2. Dirty Steve.
3. Mr. Ray

Pants:
1. Otter
2. Doc.
3. The stoner turtle.
Pants & Fitzy - you NAILED it on Animal House.
GTO - I thought about this for a bit...thought maybe Hoover, or even Dean Wormer, but I settled on D-Day. Now you'll need to watch the movie to figure out why. :)

Reactions: GTO and jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thanks for showing your appreciation for @Fitzy's contribution and pointing out that he was barely tolerable. This compliment easily makes him the best writer on the CF staff.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I thought of Chariots of Fire and McFarland, USA, but did not include them since I have not watched either of them. I also thought of including the old classic The Naked Prey, which I have seen and found disturbing. Maybe that one qualifies.
Very disturbing. Remembering the bound guy staring at the snake....gives me shivers thinking about it.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Perfect answers!

Pants & Fitzy - you NAILED it on Animal House.
GTO - I thought about this for a bit...thought maybe Hoover, or even Dean Wormer, but I settled on D-Day. Now you'll need to watch the movie to figure out why. :)
Cause he can play the William Tell Overture on his throat?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I usually try to vote for just one on your poll but you put the Preparation H, Randy Peterson and Jacobson's three hands options all on the same poll. Just like Lay's potato chips, I can't have just one.

No, no, no. You are using the wrong verb in your comparison.