Lineup going forward

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Do you guys think going with a 4 guard lineup going forward is the best option for us? In our 4 games against P6 opponents, we have been out-rebounded in every game.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I've only watched the last 2 games, and parts of all the others, but I think my top 5 players right now are Haliburton, Bolton, Jackson, Solo, and Conditt.
I don't know if that lineup has even played together or would mesh together at all, but that's who I like. Nixon needs to slow down the trigger a little bit, and Jacobson hasn't quite been as good as last year, wondering if that's a product of being asked to be more of a stretch 4 or what. Going forward, I'd like to see Jackson, Conditt, Zion, and Grill getting a few more minutes

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
I've only watched the last 2 games, and parts of all the others, but I think my top 5 players right now are Haliburton, Bolton, Jackson, Solo, and Conditt.
I don't know if that lineup has even played together or would mesh together at all, but that's who I like. Nixon needs to slow down the trigger a little bit, and Jacobson hasn't quite been as good as last year, wondering if that's a product of being asked to be more of a stretch 4 or what. Going forward, I'd like to see Jackson, Conditt, Zion, and Grill getting a few more minutes

Prohm hasn't and won't play Solo and Conditt together.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Reason MJ has regressed is bc he’s playing a diff position all together. Last year he was at the 5 and very effective at the 5... this year he’s playing a 4 on the perimeter.

We should be play 4 guards and splitting the 5 spot 3 ways between the 3 bigs.. unless we are playing an overly big team

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Jacobson did a lot of good things against Alabama. I wouldn't mind seeing his role reduced, but he's a guy that we need to stay confident if we're going to ever play two bigs. He's got to shoot the three.

We need to run offense when Nixon starts with the ball to keep him from shooting early in the shot clock off the pick and roll. He does have to get a little better with shot selection, but he is the tone setter on defense. I think he's rubbed off on Bolton, Jackson and the other guards. He's a bulldog that ISU hasn't had in a long time. A poor man's Jevon Carter.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Do you guys think going with a 4 guard lineup going forward is the best option for us? In our 4 games against P6 opponents, we have been out-rebounded in every game.

Conditt needs more minutes. Need a shot blocker in the game. ISU can’t give 80+ points every night and win many games

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

CloneB

Jun 7, 2014
Need to see more of this lineup
Haliburton
Jackson
Grill
Conditt
Jacobsen

not sure I like Jackson and Grill together too often right now and worry about offense w/ that 5 overall. There was a stretch tonight when those Jackson, Grill and Zion were in together... semi-cringeworthy. I do think Jackson and Nixon could be opposites (meaning 1 is on the floor when the other is out) with their defensive ability, then could probably do something similar w/ Grill/Bolton

Definitely can tell rotations are still being figured out by the coaches

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron