WBB: ISU at NDSU

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Listening to the game via Tunein app.
Coach Steyer's daughter is doing the color commentating. Is this first time Jamie has done this for one of the wbb games?
Good to hear from Angie Welle at halftime. Jamie took her a bit by surprise when she said it had been 25 years since Angie had played at ISU. More like 17 or so:eek:

• Funny
Reactions: C.John

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for updates and postgame info! Go Cyclones! Good solid road win!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was at the game. Nice to be able to sit almost courtside. Got some pics, can't post from phone cause too large..will edit and post later. Angie Welle sighting. Had a little Cyclones Every Where flag with me and got her pic with that. Angie totally looks like she could suit up and play. What a great Cyclone.

Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rae had her best game as a Cyclone after having her worst last week. If she could shoot close to what she did last night it would be awesome. Joens had a bad first quarter on both ends of the court but played better and better as the game went on. Scott was Scott, Which is good. MEM is kinda turning into one of my favs

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

Buckminster

Nov 10, 2017
Rae had her best game as a Cyclone after having her worst last week. If she could shoot close to what she did last night it would be awesome. Joens had a bad first quarter on both ends of the court but played better and better as the game went on. Scott was Scott, Which is good. MEM is kinda turning into one of my favs

I would love to see Rae's shooting become a consistent positive for this team...it would make a world of difference.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
CBF has got to be thrilled with points from Rae. Too many turnovers, but Maggie had six and she will learn. It seems CBF is still working the lineup, giving players opportunities.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Good to hear from Angie Welle at halftime. Jamie took her a bit by surprise when she said it had been 25 years since Angie had played at ISU. More like 17 or so:eek:

I think that Jamie was referring to Bill's 25 years and I don't think her and Angie were not on the same page.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Couple cellphone snaps from the game. Nice smaller arena. Wish we had one like this for volleyball although we would have to change the way the seats are sold/reserved. East sections here were reserved seats lower level. Everything else was general admission which I'd love for VB. Too many reserved and empty seats at each VB match that could have general admission people siting in them closer to the court and cheering more than empty seats do.

First half.
game view 1st half CF scale.jpg

Halftime warmups and, yeah, not a lot of folks in the stands.
halftime warmup CF scale.jpg

2nd half.
game view 2st half CF scale.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
CBF has got to be thrilled with points from Rae. Too many turnovers, but Maggie had six and she will learn. It seems CBF is still working the lineup, giving players opportunities.

Didn't realize she had that many. I was trying to watch how she played defense. The Bison tried to butt back her in close to the basket in a little isolation one-on-one a couple of times and try to shoot over her but she did a decent job on that. I have noticed she gets to play through mistakes and not get benched after every error. Seems she is getting the benefit of the doubt that way which I like better than the quick hook especially in a game we are going to win. Wise got that latitude two years ago. Johnson never got it until maybe this year. Nezerwa and Kane both got quick hooks. So fast for Nez that my friends, who have never been to a Cyclone WBB game, commented on it, "Didn't she just check in 30 seconds ago?". Told them it's just Fennelly being Fennelly. :rolleyes: You are either on the given latitude list or you are not.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98