ISU vs Iowa

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Gomez original issue was weight, yes. The plan was December to get him back to 133. Then the concussion came. Coach said last week that will definitely delay his return and it could be longer than December. He’s taking it very easy right now because of the number of concussions he’s already had.

so right now, coach said the priority is his health above any weight management issues.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Gomez original issue was weight, yes. The plan was December to get him back to 133. Then the concussion came. Coach said last week that will definitely delay his return and it could be longer than December. He’s taking it very easy right now because of the number of concussions he’s already had.

so right now, coach said the priority is his health above any weight management issues.
Gonna be a good season if you keep dropping nuggets like that Miss Cordova! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

Keep the insights coming!

• Agree
Reactions: Sturge34

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I feel awful about Gomez. Here's to hoping for the best.

My Iowa friends don't seem to have any idea who's going at 133/141. Even talk that Happel will go at 141.

Jake Torkelson

Nov 15, 2019
Reports are Murin might have a relatively significant shoulder injury. Sounds like he had it wrapped up pretty good. Could be they are thinking of medical redshirting Murin and working Gavin into 133 while Desanto stays 141 for the year
And with a tight 1 point wrestle-off at 133, and their performances last weekend, it’s anybody’s guess who walks out Sunday afternoon.

Jake Torkelson

Nov 15, 2019
It does look like Teasdale is registered for Lindenwood, so guessing it will be Glynn at 133

It does look like Teasdale is registered for Lindenwood, so guessing it will be Glynn at 133
That would be my guess as well, but with the Hawks, I believe it when I see it. I didn’t think there was any way Nelson would wrestle at 84 last week but he did.

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I know we have no idea where Brands will take this line-up because we've seen the shifts he's made the past two seasons with the forfeits against Coleman and Colbray but I really hope DeSanto stays at 141.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Why is Desanto at 41? Ducking Murin or something?

Iowa's lineup isn't set at 133/141. Determining whether to to Teasdale/DeSanto or Desanto/Murin for the season/postseason. Murin's shoulder injury is now a factor.

I know we have no idea where Brands will take this line-up because we've seen the shifts he's made the past two seasons with the forfeits against Coleman and Colbray but I really hope DeSanto stays at 141.

When did Iowa forfeit to Coleman?

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
What I meant IS the win by injury in Coleman's match

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I could've swore I read somewhere that he didn't wrestle because he was wrestling at a tournament on Saturday.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
As far as I know nothing wrong with Wilcke. He wrestled at the Luther Open (4-0 with 2 falls, 2 techs) and Brands went 184 in the dual.

Who knows what Brands will do with his line up. Its always a crapshoot with them in the early part of the year.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Uhhhh, this sounds not good. Spanglers career was essentially ended through concussions. Now I feel a little worse about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34