Ames Game Day To Do List

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I have read we are ok brining blankets into the stadium, which I don’t think we will since the weather will be pretty decent.

I have also seen where you can’t bring seat cushions..... is that accurate? Seems odd.

Asking this again... with decent fall weather, will the tailgate scene be pretty good? Should we feel comfortable going up to someone’s tailgate and “crashing” it? We will offer the hosts gifts of course

with a 230 start time, what time does the tailgate get going that morning?

lots of questions thrown y’all way I know.
Seat cushions are OK as long as they do not have a back rest.

If you have the blankets, you may want to consider bringing them. The wind can be pretty brutal.

Donor lots open at 7. General public lots (G lots on the map) open 6 hours before kickoff. If I can still do math, is 8:30. There are hardcore groups that show up right when the lots open. But I expect slow filling lots as people skip the hotel room and drive in from out of town in the morning.

Here is the link to the game day policies. Call the ticket office if you still have questions or just want to make sure.

https://cyclones.com/sports/2015/3/2/GEN_2014010120.aspx

Safe travels.

• Friendly
Reactions: LonghornDon81

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I have read we are ok brining blankets into the stadium, which I don’t think we will since the weather will be pretty decent.

I have also seen where you can’t bring seat cushions..... is that accurate? Seems odd.

Asking this again... with decent fall weather, will the tailgate scene be pretty good? Should we feel comfortable going up to someone’s tailgate and “crashing” it? We will offer the hosts gifts of course

Public lots open 6 hours before kickoff, so 8:30. Most people will welcome you with open arms to their tailgate, but as every fanbase has, you may run into a doucher or two. Below is a map of the tailgating lots. G2 and G3 are known as the student lots, but plenty of adults tailgate in that area. Vetmed, G4, 5, 8, and 9 are probably more laid back than 2 or 3, so it's just kind of your preference on what you're looking for. It's $20 to park in these lots
https://cyclones.com/images/2019/7/30/2019_Football_Parking_Map.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: LonghornDon81

LonghornDon81

Aug 14, 2019
We will likely walk over from The Gateway.
I appreciate the lot tailgate info.

we will mosey around and head over around 1130-12

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I believe you can't bring in seat backs the ones that hook onto the bleachers. I had no problem bringing in regular seat cushions (just the flat foam type) at the game I got to attend this yr. A season ticket holder may be able to answer this question better. Tailgating will be going good by 10.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
So, can we bring in flasks? Are there metal detectors? Winter gear should hide easy enough if we can do it.

Where I sit, I almost feel like the odd man out not bringing a flask. No metal detectors, just a once over from the event staff, and not a pat down. I regularly see beer cans in the stands. One guy/group near us must have a connection with an airline - there's a full mini-bar left behind every game, airplane sized bottles.

I was naughty for the TCU game, I snuck in a 2nd, unopened bottle of water for my buddy that arrived late. I'm so old and boring...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hmmm. Add snow shovel to tailgate packing list!