STAFF PICKS: Fran McCaffery

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
I think Wieskamp just couldn't bring himself to make the decision that Xavier Foster did. Wieskamp was a lifelong Hok fan and he was going there come hell or high water. Foster was a lifelong Hok fan but he was mature enough to understand that Iowa State or just about anywhere else would be a better choice for his career than Fran and Iowa. It's a matter of head vs. heart.
I just hope next season Foster can blow their student body a kiss like Niang did! That would be another kick in the Nads!

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I thought I was quoting it.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

It is a certainty that when someone continues quoting the movie by asking "Germans?" someone else will misunderstand and assume they don't know the reference.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I just hope next season Foster can blow their student body a kiss like Niang did! That would be another kick in the Nads!

XF probably has too much history at EIU to troll them as a freshman. Once he gets enough hate from Hok fans and understands their arrogance to other local schools he'll embrace being a Cyclone and only then be ready to troll like Georges.
A lot of ISU alumni grew up knowing only Iowa and it took attending ISU to embrace and love Ames and learn to despise tavern hoks.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
XF probably has too much history at EIU to troll them as a freshman. Once he gets enough hate from Hok fans and understands their arrogance to other local schools he'll embrace being a Cyclone and only then be ready to troll like Georges.
A lot of ISU alumni grew up knowing only Iowa and it took attending ISU to embrace and love Ames and learn to despise tavern hoks.

Nobody trolls like Georges.

I bet he is absolutely infuriating.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Ogundele-46055495/

Peep the CB's

giphy.gif

His 247 profile pic might be the exact same face he made when he found out that XF committed to Iowa State.

9253302.jpg

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
The worst part of all of this - is that you know that Iowa is going to shoot like 60% from the field against us, with Bohannon hitting about 5 3's. This is all before they end the year with 12 wins (but they beat Iowa State!)

Yes, and the game already has me worried.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
It's the CURSE OF DR. TOM DAVIS why the Iowa basketball program is in the shape it is in.

Going to the second or third round and occasionally a little higher in the NCAAs nearly every year wasn't good enough for the the fans when Dr. Tom was there.

Averaging a 4th place finish in the Big 10 during Dr. Tom's tenure wan't good enough.

They pushed Dr. Tom out the door to bring in Golden Boy Steve Alford.

I think Dr. Tom cursed that program as he walked out the doors of Carver for the last time.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's the CURSE OF DR. TOM DAVIS why the Iowa basketball program is in the shape it is in.

Going to the second or third round and occasionally a little higher in the NCAAs nearly every year wasn't good enough for the the fans when Dr. Tom was there.

Averaging a 4th place finish in the Big 10 during Dr. Tom's tenure wan't good enough.

They pushed Dr. Tom out the door to bring in Golden Boy Steve Alford.

I think Dr. Tom cursed that program as he walked out the doors of Carver for the last time.

And as much as I dislike Iowa I have to admit that was a fun brand of basketball. Hard as it is to believe now CHA could actually get pretty damn loud when that full court press was working.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Any program could get lucky in a transition, but Iowa could do worse than Fran. It’s a tough job.

Lickliter was a National COY that found Iowa so tough he went D3.

Alford only had three 20-win seasons in 8 years, but given it was at Iowa it was enough to get him a promotion and continue up the career ladder, ending up at a blue blood.
Random, but it appears Lick is an assistant at Evansville now. Would be hilarious to see them beat Iowa should that opportunity ever happen

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I know Bohannon is all Hawk, but was just thinking after looking at this score, would Bohannon consider sitting out and then grad transferring? That would be hilarious because if Wieskamp leaves too that would leave that team at Lickliter bad.
Can't say I'm a big fan of Jor-Bo, but if Isaiah Moss of all people had big name teams looking at him then I'd imagine Bohannon would too

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Can't say I'm a big fan of Jor-Bo, but if Isaiah Moss of all people had big name teams looking at him then I'd imagine Bohannon would too

JorBo could go a lot of places if he is willing to accept a role where he plays no more than 20 minutes per night from the bench, coming in to hit 3/5 from three and try to be more than a traffic cone on defense, and that is basically his night.

It is either that or be "the man" on a trash can of a team, Iowa or otherwise.

Reactions: CoKane and cyfan21

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I saw an actual insightful post on one of the hawk boards- essentially, if you're going to move on from Mad, this is the best possible time to do it. There is little talent currently on the roster, and next to zero coming in next year. So if you have to start over with recruiting it's no big loss, and probably a benefit. He also added the fear that you'd lose both of the Fran Jr.s should no longer be anything to sweat. Garza isn't going anywhere, Wesikamp isn't going anywhere, who else would matter? Hard to argue any of his or her points.
Probably better than what Fred inherited from Tim Miles at Nebraska.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Still argue with my TavernHawk Mom about it. :-|

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yes, and the game already has me worried.

Cant wait for all of the “Will XF back out of his commitment?” takes if we lose. It’s a pretty meaningless game in a season especially if both teams are unranked just due to the conferences the teams are in. It’s all about going .500 in either conference when it comes to getting to the goal which is the ncaa tourney.

Help Support Us

Become a patron