STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Maybe not those exact numbers, but their defense is atrocious.

Lots of teams are going to have great shooting nights against them.

I agree. I looked it up though - We've had some great offenses in the last 10 years. Only 3 times have we shot better than 60% overall and greater than 55% from 3. Twice against total scrubs and once in the 93 point WV drubbing in 2018. That level of shooting is borderline historic.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree. I looked it up though - We've had some great offenses in the last 10 years. Only 3 times have we shot better than 60% overall and greater than 55% from 3. Twice against total scrubs and once in the 93 point WV drubbing in 2018. That level of shooting is borderline historic.

Too bad we don't play in the Big Ten West

• Winner
Reactions: JBone84 and CyPunch

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
DePaul last night: 11-20 from 3

Oregon State Saturday: 12-21 from 3

Did we run into a buzzsaw Saturday?

Are you comparing our defense to Iowa’s?

And for the record, no. ISU held OSU to under 50% shooting overall. That game wasn't a buzzsaw, that was Tinkle having a great shooting night which really impacted the overall 3pt stats for OSU. It also clearly doesn't meet the 60% overall 55% from three standard I'd set.

Last edited:

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I mean I don't think anyone thinks we ran into a buzzsaw Saturday but you keep saying Iowa did even though Oregon State made and shot better from 3 than DePaul did. Plus we were on the road against a better team

Get out of here with that stuff! Iowa, like in all of their losses, lost to a potential national title contender. The only way they lose is to a buzzsaw. Omaha? Buzzsaw. Rutgers? Buzzsaw. Augustana? Buzzsaw of all buzzsaws.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Get out of here with that stuff! Iowa, like in all of their losses, lost to a potential national title contender. The only way they lose is to a buzzsaw. Omaha? Buzzsaw. Rutgers? Buzzsaw. Augustana? Buzzsaw of all buzzsaws.
Don't forget the Campbell Camels!

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Don't forget the Campbell Camels!

latest

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you comparing our defense to Iowa’s?

And for the record, no. ISU held OSU to under 50% shooting overall. That game wasn't a buzzsaw, that was Tinkle having a great shooting night which really impacted the overall 3pt stats for OSU. It also clearly doesn't meet the 60% overall 55% from three standard I'd set.

Nice edit. If giving up wide open layups and dunks because Iowa can't stop dribble penetration is running into a "buzzsaw" they're going to see that a lot this year

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Nice edit. If giving up wide open layups and dunks because Iowa can't stop dribble penetration is running into a "buzzsaw" they're going to see that a lot this year

Again, if it's easy to do it against them, you assume we will?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Again, if it's easy to do it against them, you assume we will?
So you’re saying it was due to the Iowa defense (“are you comparing our defense to Iowa’s”), but unless Iowa State hits those exact numbers, it wasn’t due to the Iowa defense, just a buzzkill?

I would say both defenses are poor right now, with Iowa’s being material based, and ours being execution. I don’t think we’ll shoot like DePaul on 3Ps, but we shouldn’t need to.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I’m surprised Iowa is in on a player with other options. Why would this kid choose Iowa over Cincinnati? Or even Rutgers given he’s from NJ?

Even Bock went over to Cincinnati...?

At least Ogundele has some offers from high-major conferences...

Iowa
Rutgers

...and then two good mid-majors in Cincinnati and Rhode Island.

Cinci is probably his best offer.

That is not exactly a murderers' row, though.