STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sorry to interrupt the pissing fight, but I haven't followed this kid as closely as I normally do. Does he really have the ball skills to play the 3 like he suggests in that video clip? That would be amazing.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Sorry to interrupt the pissing fight, but I haven't followed this kid as closely as I normally do. Does he really have the ball skills to play the 3 like he suggests in that video clip? That would be amazing.
He's not Kevin Durant or the Greek Freak, but he's comfortable putting the ball on the deck. I couldn't see him guarding a good three, though.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'll refrain from making fun of Iowa basketball until we beat them. I still have nightmares from 3 years ago when we beat UNO by like 60, then Iowa lost to them, then Iowa smoked us in Carver.

Every time I am confident going into any in-state game we lose. Numerous times to Iowa, UNI and Drake. Never again.

Good point. Seems like bad karma to jump on their early struggles when we know our own team will have a lot of growing to do yet too. Having said that, I imagine some fans are already looking forward to the Jacobsen/Pemsl WWE rematch. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and 83cy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Totally a coincidence Fran's teams always run into these buzzsaw games when they have a bunch of players who can't defend. Iowa made 4 more free throws than DePaul ATTEMPTED. This wasn't a fluke

Listen I hate being put into the position of defending Iowa, but even though their defense sucks but giving up 55% shooting from 3 just isn't going to happen normally. Unless you think ISU is going to just roll the ball out there and shoot 61%/55% and it's easy. I'm not willing to go there. Also, Iowa gets fouled. I think it's BS some of the calls they get but they clearly coach to it and they are good at it. It's a cornerstone of their program.

What did Toussaint do in the first two games that make you think he’s a steal?

I'm willing to admit that I might be biased toward him because he offers a skillset that nobody else has on Iowa, and I just watched Conner fumble the ball all the way up the court culminating in him dribbling it off his foot.

However, Toussaint has 22 points in 28 minutes, on 58% shooting overall, and 50% shooting from 3. He was consistently beating his guy off the dribble. He's got a positive A/TO ratio. He was also the 293rd prospect in the country with no other offers. With that recruiting profile, ANYTHING you get from a player is gravy. He's contributing right away. I think that qualifies as a steal.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Listen I hate being put into the position of defending Iowa, but even though their defense sucks but giving up 55% shooting from 3 just isn't going to happen normally. Unless you think ISU is going to just roll the ball out there and shoot 61%/55% and it's easy. I'm not willing to go there. Also, Iowa gets fouled. I think it's BS some of the calls they get but they clearly coach to it and they are good at it. It's a cornerstone of their program.

I'm willing to admit that I might be biased toward him because he offers a skillset that nobody else has on Iowa, and I just watched Conner fumble the ball all the way up the court culminating in him dribbling it off his foot.

However, Toussaint has 22 points in 28 minutes, on 58% shooting overall, and 50% shooting from 3. He was consistently beating his guy off the dribble. He's got a positive A/TO ratio. He was also the 293rd prospect in the country with no other offers. With that recruiting profile, ANYTHING you get from a player is gravy. He's contributing right away. I think that qualifies as a steal.

Iowa's going to run into a ton of buzzsaws this year

Reactions: aauummm

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good point. Seems like bad karma to jump on their early struggles when we know our own team will have a lot of growing to do yet too. Having said that, I imagine some fans are already looking forward to the Jacobsen/Pemsl WWE rematch. LOL

Tag team with Young tagging in this year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So do you think we shoot better than 60% from the field and better than 50% from 3 against them?

Maybe not those exact numbers, but their defense is atrocious.

Lots of teams are going to have great shooting nights against them.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
It'll be pretty sweet to have someone on the team next year that has a legit dog in the fight for that game. I'm not saying that's the reason why we win or lose I'm saying it's been some time that we've had a player that knows the rivalry through and through and has watched it since he was a little kid.

Mike Jacobson?

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
He's not Kevin Durant or the Greek Freak, but he's comfortable putting the ball on the deck. I couldn't see him guarding a good three, though.

If he can get his timing down on shot blocks like Sagaba Konate... doesn't have to be able to stay in-front of a good three the entire time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron