Can Iowa State Win out now

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
After the screw job in Manhattan two years ago, I really really want them to get K State down there. Two in a row over that program would say lot about our overall direction.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
If they (coaches and players)have learned anything from the Baylor, OK St, and OU losses

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If they (coaches and players)have learned anything from the Baylor, OK St, and OU losses
Improving throughout the year is generally important to win 8 games in a season.

We’ve played well all of the games imo. One improvement would be sticking with Hall.

Reactions: CySmurf and NWICY

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Winnable? Absolutely. I think that we win out.

I love to hear CMC speak, but it is usually a lot of, well, coach-speak. What I have not heard asked or explained: Why does it take us to half time to make the defensive adjustments necessary? and Why are we abandoning the run game or throwing trick plays when the defense has not demonstrated that they can stop the run game.

I loved that we nearly won the last game, but it could have been such a better game and I think that with a few exceptions that show up in the stats, we out played OU to where the score should have been a 14 point win in our favor.

Poor angles on tackles, not wrapping up, (don't get me started about special teams) and play calling that left me scratching my head. Lots to fix, but all fixable.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I believe that iowa state will win out and be 8-4 for the season . Texas is very winnable , Kansas is well kansas, and K State is very up and down. Even though the losses have been close to be 8-4 for three years in a row is a great accomplishment. Anyone else have a comment?

shoulda won out already....so, yeah.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The last three games our guys eliminate the TOs, penalties, and giving up the big play to finish out 8-4. We then go to Orlando and kick Notre Dame's a$$ 42-22.

Reactions: NWICY

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Sure, theyve had a knack for losing close games though. Minus the uni game, the balls havent bounced in isu's favor. This season is starting to remind me of 2005.

Too many unforced mistakes week in and week out. I dont see it happening, but of course, hope im wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
The last three games our guys eliminate the TOs, penalties, and giving up the big play to finish out 8-4. We then go to Orlando and kick Notre Dame's a$$ 42-22.

If notre dame ends up in Orlando and plays isu and loses big i dont think you'll like the speculation that happens immediately following the game.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I know I'll catch hell, but I think we lose to UT & KSU...it's just the season we're having. And you know KU has a hard on for the Cyclones and they'll play out of their minds.

Don't get me wrong. If a down year is one in which we go to a bowl I'm all for it. But Herman seems to have Campbell's number and KSU seems like, well, KSU...they don't really beat themselves. We do.

I'll duck now while you all throw your cans of Busch Light at me.

• Informative
Reactions: Spanky

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If notre dame ends up in Orlando and plays isu and loses big i dont think you'll like the speculation that happens immediately following the game.

The only real speculation after the game, with Purdy throwing for 5 TDs and 400 yards, is that he is a Heisman contender in his junior season. I'll take that.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
If we can play like we did in the 2nd half of the OU game for a full game, then yes we should win out.

The concern is that seems to be the exception and not the rule, playing a complete game for 60 min.

That said, I'm going with 8-4, and a bowl date with ND. Optimistic yes, but I am a Cyclone fan.

• Dislike
Reactions: UNI1ISU2 and CTTB78

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I know I'll catch hell, but I think we lose to UT & KSU...it's just the season we're having. And you know KU has a hard on for the Cyclones and they'll play out of their minds.

Don't get me wrong. If a down year is one in which we go to a bowl I'm all for it. But Herman seems to have Campbell's number and KSU seems like, well, KSU...they don't really beat themselves. We do.

I'll duck now while you all throw your cans of Busch Light at me.

HellsBells the KU I know and hate "Doesn't really have any MINDS" to play out of...IMHO......

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If,If, if, if, if...that’s the only way this team wins out. The most consistently inconsistent team I’ve ever seen. They are just as likely to go 5-7 as they are 8-4. That’s the story of the entire season. Do I think they end up 5-7? No. I just won’t bet past 6-6.