Watching TV/Sports in Cabo

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I am going to Cabo and staying at a resort with the family over thanksgiving. What should I expect for TV watching? Do most resorts have American TV or have football on there? I’m a little bit worried I’m not going to be able to watch any football while I’m there...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When I go on a tropical vacation, I generally avoid watching sports or even watching TV of any kind.

That being said, you should be able to watch most major sporting events. Soccer will be shown but I think the employees will change the station if you ask, especially if it is a fairly large resort.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Hopefully you will be out on a boat catching your fair share of marlin. But yes, they should have you covered. We were there during NFL playoffs one year and the bars were showing games. That is, unless the Mexican national team is playing. Then all tvs will be tuned in to futbol.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
If your resort doesn't, in town the bars do. I watched march madness in cabo a few years ago

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
We’re saying at the Sandos Finisterra, so hopefully they have TVs with American tv

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
We went down there a couple years ago. Our room didn’t have many channels but a lot of bars had all the sports channels. It was easy finding the games we wanted to watch.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
I watched the Eagles win the Super Bowl on the beach at the office.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I am going to Cabo and staying at a resort with the family over thanksgiving. What should I expect for TV watching? Do most resorts have American TV or have football on there? I’m a little bit worried I’m not going to be able to watch any football while I’m there...

Our resort had all college bowl games available in the bars and our room had espn and HBO (boxing).

Shooter's Sports Bar in San Jose del Cabo has all American sports on along with soccer. They used to have dollar beers and tacos, but I have heard that they raised the prices and the food isn't as good as it used to be, but it will still be beer and tacos so whatever.