Ames Game Day To Do List

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Pokit N

Aug 8, 2019
Don't forget your rain gear and plan for the game to end under the lights.
REally? I was just checking the weather it looked like mid 50's, cloudy w/ only a 10-20% chance of rain...We'll bring rain gear just in case though...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
REally? I was just checking the weather it looked like mid 50's, cloudy w/ only a 10-20% chance of rain...We'll bring rain gear just in case though...
Oh yeah, 10 to 20% chance means count on torrential rain lightening up here. See our track record.

• Informative
Reactions: Pokit N

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

4/4 with precipitation at home games so far this year. Hopefully this is the week to break the streak!

• Winner
Reactions: AlaCyclone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Hey Hey Hey!

The Fam Damily and I are headed out Friday night! I have to say...I'm a little less excited to watch this game than I was back in August...:(

I still have faith though! I'll bring some Chi-Town beers and we plan on setting up in the Vet Med Lot or something a few hours before the game. I'll be in a black minivan playing cornhole w/ a sweet set of OSU/Pistol Pete boards...

Come by for a beer, just remember I have a 9 yr old and 5 yr old girls with me so try not to be a total drunkin idiot (this last sentence was for myself as much as anyone) ;)

Let's go pokes!!!
Just a heads up, it sounds like Vet Med may be closed to the public
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/grass-lots.251998/

• Informative

Pokit N

Aug 8, 2019
I'm sitting in SECT 7 Row 4...I did like ZERO research when buying tickets...it's safe to assume I'll be surrounded by Cyclone fans correct...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm sitting in SECT 7 Row 4...I did like ZERO research when buying tickets...it's safe to assume I'll be surrounded by Cyclone fans correct...
That's a faculty and staff section I believe. I would hope they would be Cyclone fans

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Funny because I got stuck in the visitor's section this game. Don't know how many you'll bring but I hope they're as nice to us as they were in Stillwater last year.

Pokit N

Aug 8, 2019
Just wanted to say we had a great time!

We got a to go order from Hickory Park and ended up in I think..G4 or G5 parking? It didn't seem to be quite the party that some of the other lots were but we still had a great time. Hickory Park is good BBQ...not the best but I enjoyed it.

We sat right behind the ISU bench during the game...it was a bit awkward..I was trying not to be "that guy" and respectfully cheer without being an AHole. Nobody gave me a hard time. After the game two people shook my hand and thanked me for coming. That's super classy and I appreciated it.

After the game we went to the Great Plains Pizza Place...Long wait but good pizza!

Sunday AM we had Breakfast at Provisions Lot F..again long wait but good food!

The only negative thing I have to say is about the Radisson...we won't be staying there again.

At any rate, we had a great time and everyone was very nice to us.

Thank you all for your hospitality and wealth of info on the board!

Good Luck the rest of the year!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Just wanted to say we had a great time!

We got a to go order from Hickory Park and ended up in I think..G4 or G5 parking? It didn't seem to be quite the party that some of the other lots were but we still had a great time. Hickory Park is good BBQ...not the best but I enjoyed it.

We sat right behind the ISU bench during the game...it was a bit awkward..I was trying not to be "that guy" and respectfully cheer without being an AHole. Nobody gave me a hard time. After the game two people shook my hand and thanked me for coming. That's super classy and I appreciated it.

After the game we went to the Great Plains Pizza Place...Long wait but good pizza!

Sunday AM we had Breakfast at Provisions Lot F..again long wait but good food!

The only negative thing I have to say is about the Radisson...we won't be staying there again.

At any rate, we had a great time and everyone was very nice to us.

Thank you all for your hospitality and wealth of info on the board!

Good Luck the rest of the year!

**** you

JK, glad you had a good time, respectful fans like you are always welcome.

• Funny

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hot damn y’all, it’s game week!!

we will be in Ames Friday evening.

looks like the weather will be the best we could hope for!!!

Can’t wait to get there!!

hook ‘em

Welcome. However, we also hope you can't wait to get out of here on Saturday night! ;)

Seriously, how do you see the game shaping up? And what are your tailgate plans?

LonghornDon81

Aug 14, 2019
What team shows up from Austin?! We opened up as 7point dogs, which was surprising. The line has moved towards Texas.

Herman knows how to beat y’all, I hope we don’t shite the bed.

LonghornDon81

Aug 14, 2019
I have read we are ok brining blankets into the stadium, which I don’t think we will since the weather will be pretty decent.

I have also seen where you can’t bring seat cushions..... is that accurate? Seems odd.

Asking this again... with decent fall weather, will the tailgate scene be pretty good? Should we feel comfortable going up to someone’s tailgate and “crashing” it? We will offer the hosts gifts of course

with a 230 start time, what time does the tailgate get going that morning?

lots of questions thrown y’all way I know.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I have read we are ok brining blankets into the stadium, which I don’t think we will since the weather will be pretty decent.

I have also seen where you can’t bring seat cushions..... is that accurate? Seems odd.

Asking this again... with decent fall weather, will the tailgate scene be pretty good? Should we feel comfortable going up to someone’s tailgate and “crashing” it? We will offer the hosts gifts of course

with a 230 start time, what time does the tailgate get going that morning?

lots of questions thrown y’all way I know.

They have seat cushions available to rent in the stadium for single games. I think they are $10. Seat cushions can be brought in if they dont have a back rest, are not more than 16 inches wide, and they can not have a zipper. I assume this last one is to make it tougher to bring stuff in you are not supposed to.

Tailgating scene is always good. Donor lots will open at 7 and public lots will open at 9:30. The RV lots open friday. Most people wouldn't mind you hanging out at their tailgate, as long as you are not a douche.