RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It blows me away the number of instate kids that are offered by ISU and then turn it down to sign with Iowa. I get the kids that are around Iowa City, but Osky is closer to Ames than ISU, and a lot easier to get to from Oskar.
Like who? Wieskamp and Uthoff? Jok couldn’t come here.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Why the hell would anyone want to play basketball at Iowa? I'd probably even take a look at Creighton before I went there.

Who wouldn't want to play collegiate basketball with a bunch of your friends from your Iowa AAU team all while getting verbally assaulted by your coach on national TV every game? Oh, and you may get the chance to watch that coach roll out a lineup consisting of not one, but two of his sons. And you'll have the best seat in the house, right next to him on the bench!

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Who wouldn't want to play collegiate basketball with a bunch of your friends from your Iowa AAU team all while getting verbally assaulted by your coach on national TV every game? Oh, and you may get the chance to watch that coach roll out a lineup consisting of not one, but two of his sons. And you'll have the best seat in the house, right next to him on the bench!
Maybe he has dreams of leading his team to the N.I.T. finals? Hell I don't know.

• Creative
Reactions: skibumspe and brycy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Foster didn't play AAU ball with those guys

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
According to Google Iowa City is about 6 miles closer to Osky than Ames is.

Have you ever tried to drive from Osky to Iowa City, or Osky to Ames. I do not care what Google maps says about the distance, Osky to Ames is four lane roads the entire way up 163 to 80/35. Osky to Iowa City is 2 lane roads all the way to either 80 or over to 218. No comparison. Time wise, Osky to Ames is at least half an hour closer, if not more. Plus you do not have to slow down going through towns on 163 until you get to SE Polk high school, and hit the four stop lights on the road. Bypass around Des Moines and right on 80/35 4 miles till you hit 35. On 163 you are driving 70 or above, the Osky to Iowa City a lot of county 2 lane roads until you get to the interstate with towns that slow you down as you pass through them.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Have you ever tried to drive from Osky to Iowa City, then Osky to Ames. I do not care what Google maps says about the distance, Osky to Ames is four lane roads the entire way up 136 to 80/35. Osky to Iowa City is 2 lane roads all the way to either 80 or over to 218. No comparison. Time wise, Osky to Ames would be at least half an hour closer.

Google says it's 2 minutes faster to Iowa City. I've driven to Iowa City from Osky through What Cheer. It's not any more boring than going to Ames from Osky.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Google says it's 2 minutes faster to Iowa City. I've driven to Iowa City from Osky through What Cheer. It's not any more boring than going to Ames from Osky.

I am not talking about boring, I am talking about time, plus What Cheer is a known speed trap, as you enter the town from the South, and head down the hill into the town. I can drive easily 72 miles an hour on 163, no way would I do that on the county roads up to 80.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I am not talking about boring, I am talking about time, plus What Cheer is a known speed trap, as you enter the town from the South, and head down the hill into the town. I can drive easily 72 miles an hour on 136, no way would I do that on the county roads up to 80.

Oh, no. I have to drive the speed limit for 3 minutes through What Cheer. The two distances are similar in length and time. Zero chance you're shaving 30 minutes off.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Honestly, does anyone really think drive time is going to have any bearing on his decision? What the hell are you arguing about it for?

I do not. Poster seems to think Ames is so much closer to Osky compared to Iowa City when data suggests it's not. Even if Ames was an hour closer it would not play a role.

• Useful
Reactions: flycy and everyyard

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don't think he's going to be a Hawk but I'll be honest, I really don't care. Don't think he ends up being very good but just my opinion from watching him the last few state tournaments. He wasn't even the best player on his team

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron