NFL: ***Official Week Seven Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Props to the Colts for being 4-2 so far.

I thought today was the first time that Brissett looked like a viable long term starter for them. Reich's scheme and playcalling certainly help but he's definitely making strides. I hope he plays well enough to make drafting a QB next spring a really tough decision. Their defense is coming together, too. Lot of young talent on the roster.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I know they haven't really beaten anybody yet, but I'm surprised at the job Kliffy has done so far. I figured 3-4 wins was their max for the season.

Yeah. They have a difficult stretch coming up - in the next four weeks they play the Saints in New Orleans along with two games against the Niners - but they've shown more progress than I thought they would this year. Once David Johnson is healthy they're going to have one hell of a two headed monster at RB with him and Edmonds.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The 2018 QB draft class (in order they were selected, limited to the first round only):

Mayfield - Browns
Darnold - Jets
Allen - Bills
Rosen - Cards
Jackson - Ravens

Think any of those teams wish they could get a do-over? I think the Jets like what they have with Darnold and Josh Allen is far from perfect but Buffalo is making it work. Rosen appears to be a bust, although that's only partially his fault IMO. Lamar Jackson is an emerging MVP candidate for the Ravens.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Sad thing for Bears fans, Trubisky is padding stats in garbage time. This is just like Blake Bortles at Jacksonville.

It was bad enough that they traded up for him. That they passed on Watson and Mahomes in the same draft is the real kick in the balls. I give credit to Ryan Pace for pulling off the deal that brought in Mack, but Pace's run as GM in Chicago is going to be defined by his selection of Mitchell Trubisky.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
This Jets v NE game is a laugher. Who’s worse: Darnold or Trubisky? Both are tough to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
At least Darnold is playing like his 3rd game and coming back from mono. Trubisky just sucks. Edit didn't realize he played last year.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Darnold has a cake schedule coming up so we'll see how good he really is. If he can get them 4 or 5 more wins and put up some solid passing numbers then Ill believe in him. Trubisky is just garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Darnold has a cake schedule coming up so we'll see how good he really is. If he can get them 4 or 5 more wins and put up some solid passing numbers then Ill believe in him. Trubisky is just garbage.

Yeah. I can't beat Darnold up too much; the Pats D has done the same thing to every other QB they've played this season.