Friday OT #2 - INTJ

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I find some of the Jungian and other personality tests fascinating.

What is your Myers-Briggs personality type? (If you can include an explanation, that's awesome). Do you think you represent the explanation?

Link to condensed test: LINK

Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am INTJ, which THIS SITE summarizes well for each type if you are interested in learning about your own:

upload_2019-10-18_7-42-37.png

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Every so often it will throw an ISTJ at me, too! Basically the same as INTJ, but looks more at the right-here-and-now than at the future, etc.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Every so often it will throw an ISTJ at me, too! Basically the same as INTJ, but looks more at the right-here-and-now than at the future, etc.

Looked pretty accurate. Outside the organizational stuff, need to be more consistent with that.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Looked pretty accurate. Outside the organizational stuff, need to be more consistent with that.

Yeah, I think it's one of the reasons I like this test in particular - it does a pretty good job of being accurate. Both in how we are now, and sort of how our personality is skewed but we may not entirely manifest in reality (if that makes sense).

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The guy who makes incredibly thorough lists is the analyst/logician? No way! ;)
It's funny because part of my job requires me doing business review presentations, dinner events, etc. My wife says I'm really good at faking it, because she knows I would rather not be there. However, I do great at these and people compliment me on a great job and my confidence.

One of the statements on the test did hit home and that is that after any such type of event I feel totally drained.

• Winner

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
upload_2019-10-18_8-3-48.png

strange because many of the characteristics don't match up with me...maybe I have some other issues. :cool:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It's funny because part of my job requires me doing business review presentations, dinner events, etc. My wife says I'm really good at faking it, because she knows I would rather not be there. However, I do great at these and people compliment me on a great job and my confidence.

One of the statements on the test did hit home and that is that after any such type of event I feel totally drained.

I think that doing well at presentations and such but not loving the social part is actually TOTALLY a representation of the personality type! You are great at being an expert, good at using logic to back up your assertions - and don't really want to be around people after that. :D I get it - I enjoy public speaking, and am good socially with friends - but would prefer not to be in a big crowd and get drained after. I think that makes total sense.

View attachment 67651

strange because many of the characteristics don't match up with me...maybe I have some other issues. :cool:

I find this interesting!! What are some of the ones that are off?

Reactions: GTO

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My results of the test @Angie linked in the intro

Mind: 69% Introvert … Close to spot-on percentage, I think
Energy: 64% Intuitive … My guess would’ve been above-50 “observant”
Nature: 54% Thinking … Seems lower than I would expect
Tactics: 51% judging …. Higher percentage than expected
Identity: 76% Turbulent … This doesn’t surprise me at all

• Friendly

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
It says ESFJ. Partially true, but also call ******** on a lot of it. Conclusions drawn from limited answers aren’t that accurate because there is no “but”.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
wrpyYSV.jpg