Friday OT #1 - I'm Head of the Class, I'm Popular

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What are your unpopular opinions/hot takes? (Let's keep them unpolitical and safe for work (or in a spoiler with a pretty hefty disclaimer if not - no pics) - feel free to start a similar thread in the Cave if desired.)

A few:

- The only thing at Five Guys that is better than Freddy's are their Oreo fluff milkshakes. The burgers and fries are just okay.

- Pumpkin and pecan pies are worst of the popular pie varieties.

- Dostoevsky > Tolstoy

- Harrison Ford isn't that great of an actor. He just makes that one serious face a lot with his mouth slightly agape.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
View attachment 67649

In 'n Out is just a fast food burger.

Chik Fil A is not worth sitting 15 deep in the drive through.

All of this =

r84i5.jpg

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Well, I have one ally in this fight. Which is one more than I thought I would have.

They're just all bad.

I can choke down an iced coffee if you throw in caramel or something to make it taste like literally anything else. But that's about it.

Reactions: cmjh10

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
They're just all bad.

I can choke down an iced coffee if you throw in caramel or something to make it taste like literally anything else. But that's about it.

The gf tried to get me to drink a carmel frappe from McDonald's once. Couldnt, not even one sip. Its just so damn bitter.

Reactions: Angie

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They're just all bad.

Get a French Coffee at a Vietnamese restaurant. It's like dessert.
I'm also pretty sure the fat and calorie content would need to be calculated by NASA.

• Informative
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The gf tried to get me to drink a carmel frappe from McDonald's once. Couldnt, not even one sip. Its just so damn bitter.

I can do an iced caramel mocha from McDonald's under duress. Still bitter, but chocolate-y and caramel-y. But terrible for you.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm also pretty sure the fat and calorie content would need to be calculated by NASA.

I will have to try that!! (And then not eat for a week.) I don't think I've ever even heard of French Coffee!

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

Are you talking about like a Vietnamese iced coffee?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Everyone on this board will agree but not a majority of the rest of Americans. I would rather live in Iowa than most major US cities. Every time I hear someone say "Iowa sucks" or "There's nothing to do in Iowa" I tell them in my head keep thinking that. Those thoughts keep people away and keep Iowa the best place to live.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron