Prohm Press Conference Notes

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
And? Big leap from Prohm’s comment to this.

Two of our better offensive years had 4’s shoot around 30% in conference play, 2013-14 and last year. 2011-12 was even worse.

Better than 35% is, better, but not a Mendoza line.

Oh ****, we're going to do that thing where we define a 4 by where they fall in the lineup rather than what they are in terms of skillset aren't we?

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
Virtually every player was mentioned.

Prohm said he is really proud of Tyrese Haliburton and he loves his spirit!

Rasir Bolton can really impact the game in a big way!

Solomon Young had a great summer! He can score and defend.

Zion Griffin has made huge, huge steps!!

Michael Jacobson may play at the 4 or 5 spot this year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just hope there's better team chemistry, team cohesiveness and players understanding and accepting their roles compared to last year.

I know this is an easy thing for us as fans to ***** about it. And it was somewhat true. But sometimes guys can be trying to do all of the right things and it just doesn't go right. To be honest, last year, it sort of seemed like as soon as things went south some of the players just didn't know how to get out of it. I don't think the team was filled with selfish people.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Also since I haven't seen it mentioned, I love the new basketball commercial.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This team is going to be so much fun to watch and root for.. Zero egos on team with a team that actually plays as a team for each other..

people underestimate team chemistry..a lot.

X factor is Zion.. If he can truly be a 17-20 min game guy who can hit 3’s the offense will be fine imo bc with him it opens up a lot of things rotation wise..

Bc I think this team will be a very good rebounding team and one of better defensive teams in the conference

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The 'team chemistry' thing....last year's team was all the rage when they put together some nice games in November and early January.

Chemistry looked fine in the B12 tourney.

Things can change.

Lots of new faces and names so I need to get my CyTV sub fired back up to watch some of the early games.

Reactions: LLCoolCY

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I know this is an easy thing for us as fans to ***** about it. And it was somewhat true. But sometimes guys can be trying to do all of the right things and it just doesn't go right. To be honest, last year, it sort of seemed like as soon as things went south some of the players just didn't know how to get out of it. I don't think the team was filled with selfish people.
There are players that only know how to play selfishly. Jacobson basically said we had at least one player playing that way, but perhaps he was wrong.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I can somewhat agree to the MJ assessment, if Zion and Conditt step up and make MJ a 20 min player we are a lethal team. He's definitely a guy we need on this team.

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
What I'd really like to see is Conditt/Solo splitting time at the 5, and MJ/Zion (if as improved as CSP is alluding to) splitting time at the 4 -- in a traditional definition of the positions. Let the plethora of guards split 1-3 to however CSP sees fit.**

**So in no way am I saying I'm a coach or a true evaluator of bb talent. I'm just a fan, and this is just my opinion.

Reactions: isutrevman and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
My crazy hot take of the day

By Big 12 play:
Zion and Solo are starting (or at least playing starter minutes)
MJ and Conditt off the bench (or backup minutes).

Hopefully you are right, but I think a good expectation for Griffin would be to be a 10-15 minute guy off the bench —Similar player to freshman year Ejim, but on a team where he’s not forced into action. I think he’s going to break out, I just doubt it’s this year.

Reactions: Bocy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
What I'd really like to see is Conditt/Solo splitting time at the 5, and MJ/Zion (if as improved as CSP is alluding to) splitting time at the 4 -- in a traditional definition of the positions. Let the plethora of guards split 1-3 to however CSP sees fit.**

**So in no way am I saying I'm a coach or a true evaluator of bb talent. I'm just a fan, and this is just my opinion.

Not a judge of talent myself, but it sounds like that’s the plan. Prohm said near the end that they were playing two of those four on the court 99% of the time. Maybe they’ll mix them up but I think ideally they don’t.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Starters by committee-would you like to name your five main actors?

Two other desultory requests: Does anyone have the link to the new ad video for the BB team for 2019?

And, I am curious about the app to synchronize cell phone flashes and screen colors during sporting events. Does any one have ideas who developed the app and when? I know Q Raider out of Omaha was early on this, but nowhere near the first. Thanks!

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Sounds like we’re going to crash the offensive boards a little more, which just makes sense. I also like that they’re playing Tyrese off the ball some, because I think some opponents like Dotson or Diarra could really get into him and disrupt him when he has the ball. We probably have a guy like Terrence as our 9th guy at the moment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron