How long will we keep Mitchell, Brock???

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
200.webp

More of this.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Unless Bouman or Dekker beat out Mitchell for the #2 QB spot, i doubt he goes anywhere. I could also see a position switch as a real possibility. No reason for Brock to consider going anywhere. He'll redshirt this year, still be in line for 5-10 carries per game until Hall leaves, then be the guy for 1 or 2 years, depending on how long Hall stays. Unless the kid from Ohio comes in and beats him out for the #2 spot.

I think CMC has shown he will ride the hot hand as far as running backs go. That will keep him hungry. I think he is every bit as good as Hall and will have a similar breakout game when he gets extended time.

I don’t mean to rain on a parade for Hall here but let’s not pretend WV is the second coming of the 85 Bears on defense here. Breece looked very confident and who could blame him.

Reactions: khardbored

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Sorry if already discussed, but is there any way next season that J.Brock and Hall would both be in on the same play or series, occasionally? I get they are the same position, but was just curious if it would be effective or instead a useless option.

The way Hall was flattening blitzers and the twitter clip of Brock absolutely drilling a would be tackler shows they will block and be physical. No reason they couldn’t block for each other.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Well when Brock goes pro after his junior season, Re-al should have 2 years to be the guy. and going to go ahead and tag the optimistic tag on myself for that one.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
They will stay as long as they feel they are part of the team and contributing. It is up to them to make decisions on if they need to go elsewhere, and the coaching staff is not going to do things that don't help the team win to appease a player. Both these guys are just freshman, and could be a snap from being the starter for a darn good football team. That is not a bad thing.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Sorry if already discussed, but is there any way next season that J.Brock and Hall would both be in on the same play or series, occasionally? I get they are the same position, but was just curious if it would be effective or instead a useless option.

Hell yeah----WISHBONE!!!

L

LincolnWay187

Looks like someone got angry that iowa lost this weekend

Help Support Us

Become a patron