PJ Fleck legit?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Isn't Fleck the one that traded the hot conventional looking wife, for the stripper looking wife? NTTAWWT.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Who? The "U" is Miami end of story.

People in and around Iowa City refer to the University if Iowa as The U. I don’t think it’s in the same context as Miami, simply saying “so and so works at the U” is the most common time it’s used. It’s awkward to say “so and so works for Iowa” and saying “the university” gets long.

I think it’s pretty common in this context, but you are right, Miami is the one and only U.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
He has proved nothing.
Understand not liking him based on his personality but to say he has proved nothing - do you mean at Minnesota or just in general? He was two time MAC coach of the year and won a MAC division twice and MAC title once. He has won a bowl game with Minnesota (sucky bowl but still won). Don't get the hate - would I want him as our coach heck no but to say he's proven nothing is a huge stretch.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Love all the people ripping Fleck who know about 1/1,000,000 about football compared to him...

This is coming from someone who after multiple years of ISU playing its most consistent football maybe ever, yearns for ISU to beat some B1G west team in September and finish 3-9 vs. finishing with a winning conference record.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This is coming from someone who after multiple years of ISU playing its most consistent football maybe ever, yearns for ISU to beat some B1G west team in September and finish 3-9 vs. finishing with a winning conference record.

Not just the most consistent football, but the best stretch we've put together against the rest of the Big 12. It's not wrong to want to beat your instate rival, but Campbell has shown us there can be so much more for us to play for.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Could be. I still think he's an a$$****, don't you? Of course we sometimes recruit against each other, so having a down Minnesota might not be all bad (though it would mean an easy win for Iowa).

Don't really have an opinion on his ass-holeness. I almost never listen to what coaches say. Never listen to post game interviews or pressers. The most I am exposed to is an occasional sound bite in an article. Just don't care to listen to coaches ********. They all have a gimmick or catch phrase etc. I like to watch the games, not listen to coaches. I don't even listen or care what coaches I like, say Campbell, have to say. I have made an exception a couple of times and listened to Prohm because he's not the typical coach when talking. I haven't listened to a minute of Fennelly in years.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Understand not liking him based on his personality but to say he has proved nothing - do you mean at Minnesota or just in general? He was two time MAC coach of the year and won a MAC division twice and MAC title once. He has won a bowl game with Minnesota (sucky bowl but still won). Don't get the hate - would I want him as our coach heck no but to say he's proven nothing is a huge stretch.

Well whoopity damn do.

Help Support Us

Become a patron