Les Miles already fired his offensive coordinator

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I suppose next week it will be the defensive coordinator to get the axe..
Then the offensive line coach, QB coach, TE coach, Srength and Conditioning coach...Recruiting Coordinator...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Sorry...and I blame this site....but whenever I hear
"Kansas" and "football" together, I think of Mangino using KU athletic towels to butt floss after crapping instead of wiping.....Again, I blame this site for that information.
Ewww. My high school football coach supposedly did that as well. And he looked just like Super Mario and used the word "people" far too often.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
It will be funny when their offense sucks even more next week....
For a Les Miles offense it is considered horrible, but for a typical KU team it seems like they are decent this year. Carter Stanley's numbers are really good and they have two RB's that have combined for almost 900 rushing yds. That Iowa Central kid is by far their best WR.

On another note... That really good sophomore CB they have just got arrested yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I just looked at the guys resume that he fired. That guy had no business at this point in his life of being a power 5 offensive coordinator. Never should have been hired.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sorry...and I blame this site....but whenever I hear
"Kansas" and "football" together, I think of Mangino using KU athletic towels to butt floss after crapping instead of wiping.....Again, I blame this site for that information.

Don't hate on Mangino...DUDE Wipes hadn't been invented yet. I wonder if Cuban has ever considered the DUDE Towels concept...

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
For a Les Miles offense it is considered horrible, but for a typical KU team it seems like they are decent this year. Carter Stanley's numbers are really good and they have two RB's that have combined for almost 900 rushing yds. That Iowa Central kid is by far their best WR.

On another note... That really good sophomore CB they have just got arrested yesterday.

They do have decent numbers for as bad a team as they are. A lot of those came against really bad defenses. (Boston College, yikes) They had virtually nothing against TCU. Still Williams is a very good back, and Stanley as definitely had his moments. He looked very good against BC.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I just looked at the guys resume that he fired. That guy had no business at this point in his life of being a power 5 offensive coordinator. Never should have been hired.

Guy may have been a rushed pick. I believe the OC that Miles originally had bailed last minute because he got the HC job at Troy.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The old ISU fan in me would expect the new OC to have his ducks in a row about the time we play them. :confused:

The new ISU fan in me only slightly worries about this. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

Did you know that one of those running backs - Khalil Herbert - chose to red shirt after being their leading rusher through the first four games? He eventually chose to transfer.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235721952.html

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
http://m.kusports.com/news/2019/oct...-6-year-contract-guaranteed/?templates=mobile

The third offensive coordinator Les Miles has hired since taking over the Kansas football program in November of 2018, Brent Dearmon’s contract could keep the recently promoted senior offensive consultant with the Jayhawks through the 2025 season.

A copy of the contract, obtained by the Journal-World through an open records request, shows that Dearmon’s first two years — which include the remainder of this season, and all of the 2020 and 2021 seasons — are guaranteed and will pay him $250,000 each of those years.

Given the timing of Dearmon’s promotion, in the middle of the season, once Miles fired Les Koenning, the rest of this year and all of the 2020 season are lumped together as “year one” of the contract.

The man Dearmon is replacing, Koenning signed a deal that paid him $500,000 a year. Koenning’s contract with KU Athletics was only guaranteed for two years. He is due to be paid the remainder of his $500,000 salary for the 2019 season and another $500,000 for 2020, per the terms of his deal.

Additionally, Dearmon can receive a raise in his salary based on KU’s success on the field.

His annual personal services agreement would increase by one of the following non-cumulative amounts if KU were to achieve the following:

• $250,000 for playing in the national championship game...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8