New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
This has been rehashed to death.
Having known Coach and his disdain for that program and that logo and anything else that came from that era- it just seems disrespectful to him to attach his name to it. Especially for a futile movement

Hey, exploit Coach's name if it helps your cause tho

Carry on

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As this good as this looks- you won't see it as long as this AD is here.

Unfortunately you're probably right. He loves his bugle logo that he paid a ton of money for some stupid marketing design group to come up with, even though several posters on here have come up with stuff 10x better themselves.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Having known Coach and his disdain for that program and that logo and anything else that came from that era- it just seems disrespectful to him to attach his name to it. Especially for a futile movement

Hey, exploit Coach's name if it helps your cause tho

Carry on

I've never used the term "Orrnado" to describe the 80s tornado. It's just been beat to death by both sides that like and dislike the logo.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What if it is a black stencil I State logo and black facemask with black jersey and white pants?

Zero chance Buggle logo ever returns.. ever.

White Helmet...Black top..white pants..

Stencil I state black.. my guess too

Calling it now. White lid with black logo and black face mask, black jersey and the new white pants with the black Logo that we saw some recruits wearing in pictures. Going to be a clean look!
Wow you guys really nailed it! Good job, Kudos.

I liked the w/b/w look quite a bit. Am fine w/ it 1x/year for sure. Like it even a bit more than the all-black.

Reactions: CaptainClutch

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So it now looks like they (we) might have two different white pants this year. The white ones we showed in game 1 (UNI) and game 4 (Baylor), then the white against TCU game 5.

Seems like such a small change to carry 2 sets of white pants. I did like the w/b/w against TCU, and would like to see it again. But maybe a lot of trouble for only maybe 1x/year. I don't know. They have the money so OK I guess.

There could be other options. I'll throw this out.. How about keep one set of white pants no-stripe and one set with stripe?
CyUni 2020  b1 - w w w  23 RedfaceWhtStickRedText WhtSocksw CY.png CyUni 2020  b1 - w w w  23 RedfaceWhtStickRedText 3PantStripes WhtSocksw.png
The pant stripe (this one has some black in it btw) would also make the c/c/w combo a bit better, and would look great on a w/c/w.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: k123 and everyyard

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I will guess c/w/c, chrome helmet at West VA! I feel pretty good about this one. Just a hunch.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I will guess c/w/c, chrome helmet at West VA! I feel pretty good about this one. Just a hunch.

Hope not. Chrome helmet looks like garbage in day games.

Any chance we'd ever see c-w-b... and if so, does anyone think it would look good? I saw highlights of this past weekend's UNI game against Youngstown St and Youngstown St wore that combo and I thought it looked good for them, but not sure how ours would look? Chrome lid could look decent too with this combo.

5d9951d3a86d8.image.jpg

Reactions: STATE12

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Next home game I want gold helmet, gold jersey, white pant. Could go white helmet there too. Enough with the black already.

Do you think there is a chance we see any gold item(helmet/pant/jersey) at any point this year?

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
@ZB4CY, are you the one who compiled the game-by-game combinations ISU wore last season?

If my paint skills show anything, it's that I'm not very good at designing graphics.

Wasn't me! I remember what you're talking about, though. Can't remember the name.

Here is the uniform tracker spreadsheet updated for this season so far. I think someone else also had a photoshop version.
upload_2019-10-8_9-26-59.png

Reactions: cyclones500

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
If it did ever happen, among those, I like the one with cardinal face mask and socks.

Campbell didnt even like uaing the gold pants when they were apart of our actual uniforms.
I could see maybe a one off situation down the road, but it seems unlikely.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Campbell didnt even like uaing the gold pants when they were apart of our actual uniforms.
I could see maybe a one off situation down the road, but it seems unlikely.

As much as I'm an advocate from gold helmet (and pants for the possible combos therein) it doesn't appear he's a fan of either, or at least it isn't a priority. I've taken that into account and don't have unrealistic expectation. (That won't change my perspective for wanting some of it).