Pollard: big announcement coming soon

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
JP is stepping down for his role in a weather corruption scheme.

• Funny
Reactions: k123

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a chance. AD does great on football, MBB and WBB but I think only really cares about men's cross country among the non-revenue sports. And maybe with our budget that needs to be the way but sad for me as I follow a number of the minor sports. Feels like volleyball is a little bit of a fading star compared to, say, five years ago. :(
I don't know how anyone could say that. Sure ISU got a premiere CC course under Jamie's leadership. But also in that time the Cyclone Sports Complex was built which includes a new field for soccer, new track facilities, and a new softball stadium. Also golf got a dedicated practice course.

Cyclone Sports Complex: https://cyclones.com/facilities/?id=7
Cyclone_Sports_Complex_Aerial_2.jpg

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't know how anyone could say that. Sure ISU got a premiere CC course under Jamie's leadership. But also in that time the Cyclone Sports Complex was built which includes a new field for soccer, new track facilities, and a new softball stadium. Also golf got a dedicated practice course.

https://cyclones.com/facilities/?id=7

Yeah he has done some good things for sports that nobody actually even cares about. Most AD's don't do that. Like Cross Country.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't he say we had to win the game or something along those lines to find out?
What he said in the interview I heard was it would be a great pick me up if we lose or just more positive news if we win. So no, I think it's being announced either way.

Reactions: Knownothing

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Based on reports from higher level donors it seems like a plan for Iowa State Center and the parking areas. Expansion and updates to Scheman, a plaza area, new parking area, and a pedestrian bridge are some of rumors.

From what I heard about what was shared Friday night at the high donor level reception this is pretty accurate. I also heard that they plan to build a hotel on site, taking some of the parking. Sounded like there will only be donor level parking near the stadium in the future. All the G lots will no longer be public parking. The bridge will cross over University Blvd somewhere around 16th street.

I just hope we don't wreck the great tailgating we are known for and introduce a lot of Vendors (food stands). Its something special we have now, lets not totally desimate it for $$$$$.

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Regents meeting is tomorrow morning so the announcement will likely be today yet.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
From what I heard about what was shared Friday night at the high donor level reception this is pretty accurate. I also heard that they plan to build a hotel on site, taking some of the parking. Sounded like there will only be donor level parking near the stadium in the future. All the G lots will no longer be public parking. The bridge will cross over University Blvd somewhere around 16th street.

I just hope we don't wreck the great tailgating we are known for and introduce a lot of Vendors (food stands). Its something special we have now, lets not totally desimate it for $$$$$.
So the G lots would be for donors only?
That seems like a mistake to tell the general public to take a hike and find somewhere else (not near the stadium) to tailgate. Part of what makes ISU tailgating great is the ease of parking in relation to the stadium for anybody.