Who will be the guest picker?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'm sure this has probably been asked, but what time does the guest picker usually come on? It's been a while since I've watched Gameday
10:50am-ish
It's the last segment of the show when they are picking games.

This is why I don't see why it is soo important that the guest picker is some well known A list celebrity. You're telling me people are tuning into a 3 hour show, just to see some famous person at the very end?

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
At least they'd hit both types of music

Country and western

Corn. Lots of corn.
Here's the picker....
upload_2019-9-13_9-47-21.jpeg
Or maybe....
images

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
10:50am-ish
It's the last segment of the show when they are picking games.

This is why I don't see why it is soo important that the guest picker is some well known A list celebrity. You're telling me people are tuning into a 3 hour show, just to see some famous person at the very end?

It's an event man. They don't tune in just for that. When you go to a concert you don't go just for the last song, which is normally the biggest song. You go to the event and that is part of it. Last week they had Wooderson guest picking. Every game day has a guest. We just want our guest to be a good one. Not some dude nobody knows. In other words. WE don't want people to not know the last song and have it suck.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
Apparently there was a conversation overheard last night by a couple people working for the university newspaper that mentioned Post Malone in relation to the Iowa/ISU game. When they were asked what they were talking about, it was crickets and a ghost town......

Reactions: Gunnerclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Apparently there was a conversation overheard last night by a couple people working for the university newspaper that mentioned Post Malone in relation to the Iowa/ISU game. When they were asked what they were talking about, it was crickets and a ghost town......
Well he starts a huge tour in Tacoma, WA Sat night.

• Winner
Reactions: cyowan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was listening to 103.3 this morning and Rece Davis was on. He said he knew who the guest picker was but couldn't say. But teased that music buffs would be pleased. Do with that what you will
The lead guitarist from the Killers is from Pella...
DaveKeuning-920x584.jpg

Edit: not bassist, lead guitarist. He also is on a hiatus with them.

Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It's an event man. They don't tune in just for that. When you go to a concert you don't go just for the last song, which is normally the biggest song. You go to the event and that is part of it. Last week they had Wooderson guest picking. Every game day has a guest. We just want our guest to be a good one. Not some dude nobody knows. In other words. WE don't want people to not know the last song and have it suck.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you'd rather the guest picker was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (or other A list celeb), than Seneca Wallace, Sage Rosenfelds, George Niang (or other Cyclone great)?

I just don't agree with that. Give me someone that's actually set foot in Ames, Iowa and has a vested interest in Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78 and wxman1

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you'd rather the guest picker was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (or other A list celeb), than Seneca Wallace, Sage Rosenfelds, George Niang (or other Cyclone great)?

I just don't agree with that. Give me someone that's actually set foot in Ames, Iowa and has a vested interest in Iowa State.
I’m sure if ESPN had the choice between the highest paid actor in Hollywood right now or a NBA practice squad player I think they would slightly favor the rock. In the end of the day it’s all about ratings.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt