Who will be the guest picker?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
There's just no way the guest picker segment won't be exceedingly lame...it is always lame, but when musical guests are involved...much more so.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
True story: I worked for Perkins in Ames, and me and some of the Ames staff were helping work at a Des Moines location that needed turning around, major fire/hire retrain situation.

Anyway....Working late night one night, in comes Tom Arnold, Roseanne Barr and a HUGE bodyguard, and they were drunk off their butt from a concert they went to. They ordered food and were fun/polite to all the staff, I waited on them, they ate, and were having a good time, and another table (guy and girl) started making nasty under their breath comments at Roseanne, and she wasn't having it, and went into I'm gonna beat the crap out of you, mode. "you got something to say, bring it on....etc....It escalated when the couple got up to leave, walked by Tom and Roseanne, and tried making some final comments. Roseanne leaped out of the booth, Tom and her bodyguard right behind her, holding her, and she was like, "come on, let's go," and, Roseanne, to this day, said one of the funniest things I ever heard. They guy with the girl mouthing off to Roseanne, tried mockingly calming Roseanne down telling her not to fight his girlfriend, and Roseanne being held back by Tom and her bodyguard, said, "I don't want your dog ahole, I want you," and lunged for him. The bodyguard was telling them to just go, etc.

After the couple left, Tom and the bodyguard took Roseanne out, telling us they'd come back in and pay the bill. About 10 minutes later, Tom comes back in, pays the bill, and said sorry for the mess and the problems, here, and I quote, "Roseanne told me to give you this," and hands me a $100 bill.

So, over the years, I waited tables on a lot of celebrities working for Perkins and when I worked at one of the hotel restaurants where all the celebrities stayed in Ames, and they were usually either very generous or incredibly cheap, like they were doing you a favor by getting to serve them. Whitney and her crew were probably the worst ever. One plus, at the hotel, I got to meet the ISU basketball and football teams and coaches often, as we fed them a lot in our private rooms.

They seem like "Perkins-level" celebrities.

:)

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
I was listening to 103.3 this morning and Rece Davis was on. He said he knew who the guest picker was but couldn't say. But teased that music buffs would be pleased. Do with that what you will

Gotta be Ja Rule! Right CW?

GoodyISU1

Jul 15, 2014
I'm sure this has probably been asked, but what time does the guest picker usually come on? It's been a while since I've watched Gameday