Who will be the guest picker?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Slipknot for sure. Actually I bet it's an old Rock and Roll Midwest guy. Like John Mellencamp type dude. Who else we have around the Midwest that a "Music Buff" would know. Anyone in Iowa?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I swear to God if it's Cardi B I will never watch Gameday ever again.
I think it'd be awesome if it was Post Malone.. I know we're all throwing out names but he absolutely loved the state of Iowa when he performed here and he's got an amazing personality. Not sure the older crowd would know who he was, but the young crowd would go nuts.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would go with Simon Estes probably, he is basically an ISU go-to. Or the girl that won The Voice, or whatever tf it was. Madde Poppe I think.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think it'd be awesome if it was Post Malone.. I know we're all throwing out names but he absolutely loved the state of Iowa when he performed here and he's got an amazing personality. Not sure the older crowd would know who he was, but the young crowd would go nuts.
You're quoting a massive Post Malone fan lol I'd be all for him. He did just release a new album they can push and he is a Dallas Cowboys fan so he watches football, maybe not college though.

The problem with Post is his face tattoos. I don't mind them but what will the old "get off my lawn" people do with him up there?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I was listening to 103.3 this morning and Rece Davis was on. He said he knew who the guest picker was but couldn't say. But teased that music buffs would be pleased. Do with that what you will

Neil Diamond's coming to sing Sweet Caroline
JIMLAD.png

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I was listening to 103.3 this morning and Rece Davis was on. He said he knew who the guest picker was but couldn't say. But teased that music buffs would be pleased. Do with that what you will

Brittany Spears!

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Waylon Jennings was Buddy Holly's guitar player and gave up his seat on the Plane to the Big Bopper, so obviously it will be his son Shooter Jennings.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're quoting a massive Post Malone fan lol I'd be all for him. He did just release a new album they can push and he is a Dallas Cowboys fan so he watches football, maybe not college though.

The problem with Post is his face tattoos. I don't mind them but what will the old "get off my lawn" people do with him up there?
I agree with the tattoos.. they are definitely a little much. But he'd be incredible all in all. He's a huge football fan and I think he'd fit in perfectly with the college crowd! We'll see though it's all speculation.

And that's awesome you're a Posty fan he's my favorite artist right now!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I agree with the tattoos.. they are definitely a little much. But he'd be incredible all in all. He's a huge football fan and I think he'd fit in perfectly with the college crowd! We'll see though it's all speculation.

Just remembered he starts a tour soon. He's in Tacoma, Washington tomorrow. So I would doubt it's him but he could fly from DSM to WA during the day.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just remembered he starts a tour soon. He's in Tacoma, Washington tomorrow. So I would doubt it's him but he could fly from DSM to WA during the day.
Ah that makes sense. That'd be tough to do for him but he does have a "screw it" mentality so I wouldn't be surprised if he did come if they did ask him.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames

I honestly saw a guy that looked like him at Outback Steakhouse in Ankeny last night, i.e dude with face tatoos and a gold watch.
Hard to imagine him getting into Iowa two days early tho