mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Went to bed last night after the Twins blew the lead and the Indians tied it up...happy result this morning! Gonna be quite a race. Need to get healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78 and SCyclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have a feeling the Gonzalez signing is going to looks smarter and smarter as the season gets to nut cutting time

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
I hope you are right JM4CY but he hasn't really hit well most of the year. Just seems to come up clutch a few key moments.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I hope you are right JM4CY but he hasn't really hit well most of the year. Just seems to come up clutch a few key moments.

Yeah, but our hitting with runners in scoring position has not been very good this year. A few clutch key moments hitter is what we need.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
One of the overlooked things about last night's game was that Dyson was very effective in the inning he pitched. And it sounds like Boomstick might be ready to go by the time the Twins get back to Minny.

@BoxsterCy.....please do us four huge favors this weekend!

Yanks have been shuffling pitchers back and forth from AAA like crazy. Indians will be last four of 19 games in 17 days stretch. Three pitchers since Sunday I have literally never heard of and than released one after his lone appearance. Good thing they have been playing AAA Baltimore to start the week. Will have to shift gears for Indians pitching and clutch hitting, were 1-2 at Cleveland in June. Double header Monday and Sabathia on IL has rotation minus one and out of sync, guessing Thursday against Indians is some sport starter from AAA or bullpen. Not ideal for Thursday but Indians will see Tanaka and German later who are looking good.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Twins haven't had to shuffle nearly as much as the Yanks, but there are a few guys who have worn a path between Rochester and Minneapolis. If Perez has his stuff figured out, and Pineda comes back close to what he was, the rotation should be fairly good.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins haven't had to shuffle nearly as much as the Yanks, but there are a few guys who have worn a path between Rochester and Minneapolis. If Perez has his stuff figured out, and Pineda comes back close to what he was, the rotation should be fairly good.
I agree but that’s a big if. Pérez does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy whenever I see his name on the probables list.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm going to be pissed tonight if Gibson has a lead in the sixth and is left in too long again to blow it.

giphy.webp

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Let's hope he can find the strike zone, at least. Six walks in his last start? And I think all of them scored.

If Gibson struggles with not hitting first pitch strikes and is struggling early, Rocco needs to get the hook out there earlier. Can't get down by four or five and expect miracles.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
JUST went to mlb.com to check the score and saw the game is free online. Next pitch was a HR by Garver! Get Gibby some run support.

• Winner

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
ROSARIO!!! 2-0 Twins.

Announcers were just talking about how Rosario gets overlooked with Kep/Cruz ect.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ugh. Yesterday was brutal. Gibson did what we asked him to do and the bullpen sucked balls.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Ugh. Yesterday was brutal. Gibson did what we asked him to do and the bullpen sucked balls.

Agree. Seems like the Twins can't get good performances from the two pitching units in the same game. Dyson being back helps. Hopefully with Cruz and Buxton off the IL next week it will help them get on a roll.