UFC Thread

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not UFC but still... holy crap.

I watched the highlights of that. When he sat down on the stool in the last round and his trainer called the fight off. He went from not looking horrible to looking horrible rather quick.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This should be adopted everywhere. These men (TJ Dillashaw) and women (Aspen Ladd) that are cutting extreme weight seem to always have weaker bodies even the 36+ hours later and lose via TKO.
This is just flat out drivel. Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva we’re both long time champions and both cut 15 plus pounds to make weight. They had hydration strategies post weigh in and especially for Franklin his weight was key in his in ring strategies. And these two didn’t lose a lot by TKO.

While I’m all right with reform I think people on this board who have probably never made a weigh in should let the people who sign these fight contracts to fight at X weight work it out with the promotions. Chael Sonnen does a decent video about Aspen Ladd and how there needs to be a discussion, but not something completely knee jerk.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is just flat out drivel. Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva we’re both long time champions and both cut 15 plus pounds to make weight. They had hydration strategies post weigh in and especially for Franklin his weight was key in his in ring strategies. And these two didn’t lose a lot by TKO.

While I’m all right with reform I think people on this board who have probably never made a weigh in should let the people who sign these fight contracts to fight at X weight work it out with the promotions. Chael Sonnen does a decent video about Aspen Ladd and how there needs to be a discussion, but not something completely knee jerk.

The two you mentioned were allowed to rehydrate via IV. For some reason they took that option off the table and it's illegal now.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The two you mentioned were allowed to rehydrate via IV. For some reason they took that option off the table and it's illegal now.
Which can now lead to more brain trauma. The weight cut thing needs to be changed for the safety of the athletes. They are warriors and will do whatever it takes to gain an advantage. Including putting themselves at great risk...beyond getting kicked in the head. Put that in perspective.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Which can now lead to more brain trauma. The weight cut thing needs to be changed for the safety of the athletes. They are warriors and will do whatever it takes to gain an advantage. Including putting themselves at great risk...beyond getting kicked in the head. Put that in perspective.

IM confused. What can lead to more brain trama?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

A lot of these guys are cutting way more than 15 pounds.

Also, those guys weren't pushing their body types to do that.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
A lot of these guys are cutting way more than 15 pounds.

Also, those guys weren't pushing their body types to do that.

It wasn't too long ago that Anthony Johnson was cutting 50+ lbs to get down to the 170 lb class. 15 pounds is light work for a fighter to cut and most are closer to the 25 lb range.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Either Cerrone or Gaethje and I’ll be buying.
It'll be Cerrone because he'll be the better payday. Gaethje is good but won't get the PPVs Cowboy will bring in.

McGregor wants (assuming) Cerrone, then winner of Masvidal/Diaz, then winner of Ferguson/Khabib. If he wins the first two and Khabib beats Ferguson McGregor wants to fight Khabib in Moscow.

That's a wild end to 2019 and 2020 for 155 lbs.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
It'll be Cerrone because he'll be the better payday. Gaethje is good but won't get the PPVs Cowboy will bring in.

McGregor wants (assuming) Cerrone, then winner of Masvidal/Diaz, then winner of Ferguson/Khabib. If he wins the first two and Khabib beats Ferguson McGregor wants to fight Khabib in Moscow.

That's a wild end to 2019 and 2020 for 155 lbs.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to just copy/paste Ariel Helwani, Dainty?

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Great night of fights.

I went back and forth on wether the Rozy Overeem stoppage was bad or not. But it was ok. If the knocked out fighter doesn't protest then I dont question it.

Rothwell- Struve was actually very good other then the low blows. I woulda accepted the no contest if i were struve.After the 2nd one mirg told struve that he was winning (which he was) but Struve has a history of getting ko'd and I think a ref should never give his opinion on whos winnin

Some good 135lbs scraps Font put on a boxing clinic vs a tough Simon. Some head scratching draws i think 10-8s should only be scored when I guy either barely maked it out of the round alive or he is utterly dominated for the vast majority of 5 minutes.

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Also Mitchell beat Sayles by sub Twister. Only the 2nd one in UFC history. I trained at an mma gym 4 years ago cuz they wanted a wrestler in there. Got subd by real bjj guys twice by twister. Not as painful as a broken bone but its excruciating. I got tapped about 20 times in that gym never got a sub myself. So i just said **** it not worth my time.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Silva cut from 220 down to 185. That's gross.