So, I've lived in Des Moines for a Week...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Things I have learned:

The weather is glorious! I hope it stays this way year round.

The people are super nice.

Every time I see a Cyclone shirt or hat, I smile.

It was easy-peasy to sign up for Nex Gen internet and Direct TV for a decent price. Next day service. Works great!

Plenty of cool restaurants and bars.

The only thing that freaks me out is that I have seen 3 dead birds on the sidewalks. What's up with that?

Viva Des Moines!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Here's my favorite food in Des Moines.

Eatery A
Flying Mango
Zombie Burger
Cozi Cucina
Hoshi Sushi in Drake
You're welcome. ;)

The weather is amazing May and early June. July and August into September is worse than Florida. Autumn is the best weather in the world IMO, then get ready for winter lolz.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Des Moines is a great town. Its literally the perfect size if you like to stay really active.
Phenomenal restaurants at affordable prices, great minor league/semi pro teams, and concerts and festivals I never thought Des Moines could pull off.
When I was a kid downtown was a dump and it's really, really nice now.

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
Here's my favorite food in Des Moines.

Eatery A
Flying Mango
Zombie Burger
Cozi Cucina
Hoshi Sushi in Drake
You're welcome. ;)

The weather is amazing May and early June. July and August into September is worse than Florida. Autumn is the best weather in the world IMO, then get ready for winter lolz.
Strong agree on autumn being the best weather in the world. Almost makes up for the terrible winter. Almost.
Strong disagree on Zombie Burger. I've only heard non-locals mention that place as a favorite favorite restaurant. Solid list otherwise though.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Strong agree on autumn being the best weather in the world. Almost makes up for the terrible winter. Almost.
Strong disagree on Zombie Burger. I've only heard non-locals mention that place as a favorite favorite restaurant. Solid list otherwise though.
I love my greasy burgers. Plus it's just a unique place.

Help Support Us

Become a patron