2020 Basketball Targets

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
This kid is going to be a perfect college player. Top 20 though? haha. I guess. Mostly southern teams. The thing I like about him is coaches saying he refuses to take a bad shot. With THT leaving I could handle having a kid that refuses to take a bad shot.
Maybe we are behind the shorts, seems silly to include some of those schools and not ISU, even if we aren't a real contender.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I feel like our Minnesota presence is dwindling. Never been a hot spot for us. Carlson obviously a top target, but it might be time to just focus on Wisconsin, Illinois and Florida.

Have we ever really had a Minnesota presence? Can't recall anyone we ever landed from there (well, here for me). And, no, Skogs doesn't count. We have had a whole slew of gals from Minnesota play for the WBB team over the years.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Have we ever really had a Minnesota presence? Can't recall anyone we ever landed from there (well, here for me). And, no, Skogs doesn't count. We have had a whole slew of gals from Minnesota play for the WBB team over the years.
Jake Sullivan and that's about it. Going way back, I guess Brad Dudek was pretty highly touted but ruined his knee.

I'm kind of surprised. ISU seems to be the third most popular D1 school up here. That may be a more recent thing though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Jake Sullivan and that's about it. Going way back, I guess Brad Dudek was pretty highly touted but ruined his knee.

I'm kind of surprised. ISU seems to be the third most popular D1 school up here. That may be a more recent thing though.

Damn, how the hell did I forget Sullivan? :eek:

For god's sake I went and watched him play in HS to. :oops:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Damn, how the hell did I forget Sullivan? :eek:

For god's sake I went and watched him play in HS to. :oops:

Wait till you see Sullivans biological son play. It's awesome. He is a little red headed kid who looks like Peter Pan. Nobody guards him the first 5 minutes of the game because he looks so not like a basketball player. Then after him hitting like 5 three pointers and missing none. They are double teaming him at the end. The problem was always him and Curtis Stinsons kid are on the same team and Stinson's kid is awesome and can already do a tear drop layup. It was quite the team to watch before Sully moved to Minnesota.

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
By presence I mean we were there, we tried, and we failed (repeatedly).

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am betting Xavier ends up at a California school. For both Prep High school and for college. He seems to like it out there. USC is a crap basketball school and the school is basically in the hood, however, it's still LA and close to all the fun.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Just curious if anyone knows where we stand with Ben Carlson? Recruiting sites pretty much have him 'warm' to mostly big 10 schools. Are we standing much of a chance there?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron