***Official WV postgame thread***

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
The way this team is playing, I see us losing outright, being a 10 seed in the big dance and getting manhandled by the 7 seed. Something needs to change drastically and immediately or this team is doomed.

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
This team is a complete melt down. players arguing on the court is completely a team with no leadership,no coaching and no desire

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Chemistry is really toxic right now. I’m sure CSP knows the source of it, but how do you fix it. Do you kick guys off the team? Tough situation. It stinks as a fan, but I feel really bad for the team that have to deal with this mess.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
Considering this is the first year that the team is really Prohm's players, this is probably not the ending to the season he wanted.

We'll see how the coach responds to adversity. He's going to have a lot of angry people he has to face. Does he have the character he expects out of his team.

I've been a fan over 40 years and this is the first team I'm having problems watching. They just don't look like they care.

Reactions: jmarter and SC Cy

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
So when do we find out what supposedly happened after the game last night?

Hopefully never. Fans don’t need to know everything. It’s telling that this team is fine with airing their dirty laundry to a point it’s pasted all over message boards and Twitter.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
So when do we find out what supposedly happened after the game last night?

I took that comment as speculation, considering the team had just played poorly again, since nobody has indicated anything since.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I’m not doubting you, but I tried to do a little research on this, and couldn’t find anything. When did this change? Do you have a specific link?

Thanks
Looks like I was wrong, they just don’t need the school’s permission anymore.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Considering this is the first year that the team is really Prohm's players, this is probably not the ending to the season he wanted.

We'll see how the coach responds to adversity. He's going to have a lot of angry people he has to face. Does he have the character he expects out of his team.

I've been a fan over 40 years and this is the first team I'm having problems watching. They just don't look like they care.

My season ticket money is probably going to go to football. That decision is pending but if the decision was today it would be easy.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Hopefully never. Fans don’t need to know everything. It’s telling that this team is fine with airing their dirty laundry to a point it’s pasted all over message boards and Twitter.

Are you referring to something specific that a player said? Because stuff has been pasted on message boards since message boards were invented. That these rumors get out mean nothing.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this common thought has already been posted.

In the course of about 3 weeks we went from being the team "nobody wanted to see in their bracket" to one that pretty much everyone can look past to go ahead and prepare for the next round. Mind blowing.

There's enough blame to go around for everyone. The players have checked out and I don't remember watching an ISU team that has quit like this. Prohm should be cutting a huge ass check back to the ISU foundation when the season ends because he hasn't earned many of those zeroes on his contract. I've been an ISU fan for 30+ years and this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

I was thinking that as well. I don't remember a time where Ive seen a coach lose his team unless it was the NBA. Prohm has lost his own guys, he has completely lost control of every aspect and this is the most odd thing I've seen in my time as a fan. Its even starting to effect his body language as well in my opinion. Watching THT and MJ go at it was just a small emberassing sample too .

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
So many questions. Is this fixable, short term? Who needs to leave to make this better long-term? Is Prohm the right guy going forward? Why doesn't he ever make adjustments or run an offense? If you are Pollard, do you at least make a phone call to gauge if Fred has any interest at all to come back? JP always seems to be one step ahead of the game. Will Prohm see how this thing is crashing down and do a Greg McDermott type move to a different program? (This wouldn't surprise me at all, btw). This whole thing is such a huge trainwreck.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I thought what Dixie Wooten (Barnstormer head coach) said about fighting is interesting. He said generally it's a good thing. But he also said when you get guys fighting because one guys going hard in practice and others guys don't like that it's bad fighting. Sounds like that's exactly what happened.

Having one tough practice isn't going to do anything to change a team. That's an attitude instilled over months and years of daily habits.

Help Support Us

Become a patron