Advice on Buy Tix For TX Tech?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I'll be attending the Tech game next Wed. Any helpful thoughts / advice on tix purchase?
I check through the University site and stated as, 'sold out'.
Stub Hub has good seats available, and I'm willing to spend, but looks like most of tix are either in packages of 2, or 4 and that puts me at the higher end of my price range.
What's your experience buying road-vist tix?
Is it wise to wait till game day in hopes of desperate holders offering a single tix at better / lower prices, or is that risking no tix available ??

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I pulled the trigger through on-line Vivid Seats. Paid a hefty premium, but TXT says game is sold out and only 3rd party tix available. Face value = $25 I paid > $100 + service fee, but I wanted near half-ct seats.
Didn't want to scalp and take the risk of phony tix.
I guess nobody is interested; or has other means to get away game tix. pfft

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
I pulled the trigger through on-line Vivid Seats. Paid a hefty premium, but TXT says game is sold out and only 3rd party tix available. Face value = $25 I paid > $100 + service fee, but I wanted near half-ct seats.
Didn't want to scalp and take the risk of phony tix.
I guess nobody is interested; or has other means to get away game tix. pfft
Red Raider here. Pretty sure you took the only available route to score a ticket. And you probably got a bit lucky. Many season ticket holders who can't make the game are giving their tickets to Tech fans who can attend to ensure a strong home court advantage. I know ISU fans aren't feeling good but your team scares the hell out of most Tech fans. We expect a cornered beast ready to go off. No joke. (But I hope we're wrong.)

BTW, Tech just lowered prices on all concessions. Everything is either $2 or $3. Beer isn't available but you can stash a flask in your boots without worrying about security. Enjoy the game.

• Friendly
Reactions: JP4CY and bozclone

techsloth

Jan 15, 2019
Red Raider here. Pretty sure you took the only available route to score a ticket. And you probably got a bit lucky. Many season ticket holders who can't make the game are giving their tickets to Tech fans who can attend to ensure a strong home court advantage. I know ISU fans aren't feeling good but your team scares the hell out of most Tech fans. We expect a cornered beast ready to go off. No joke. (But I hope we're wrong.)

BTW, Tech just lowered prices on all concessions. Everything is either $2 or $3. Beer isn't available but you can stash a flask in your boots without worrying about security. Enjoy the game.
I had to register just to correct you on beer--we started selling it at the ksu game this year. Oh, and this game has me scared. Hopefully all the Cam talk is just talk. It's looking like we're at a 7 man rotation at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
I had to register just to correct you on beer--we started selling it at the ksu game this year. Oh, and this game has me scared. Hopefully all the Cam talk is just talk. It's looking like we're at a 7 man rotation at the moment.
Hot damn! I thought that started next season. Thank you for the update.

Reactions: techsloth

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Don't worry, you have the better team. We MIGHT get you in Ames, but I'd be shocked if we beat you in Lubbock.

2 things are guaranteed. You will have someone that is a 20% 3 point shooter go 5-5 from 3 against us, and some of our fans will ***** about the refs if we lose (don't hold it against the rest of us).