Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Alright, just so I know who to look for, at least guess; Who is going to SA? I know Velo (remembering longer hair or maybe even mullet style from Hilton so that is what I will look for). Not sure who else. I figure I can narrow it down if we all wear ISU stuff.

I will be there in spirit so if you think someone is watching you, you might be right.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think I remember that game....isn't it similar to Tetris?
Yes. You drop "pills" to match 4 of the same color (pills can be all one color, or half/half). You can turn them so that only one end of the pill sticks on the stack. Hard to describe, but basically, the type of game where the rules don't change if you pick up a damned mushroom or kick something. The type of puzzle game that I love. I actually won it a couple of times - got to see the spaceship & everything. :D

Reactions: SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Yes. You drop "pills" to match 4 of the same color (pills can be all one color, or half/half). You can turn them so that only one end of the pill sticks on the stack. Hard to describe, but basically, the type of game where the rules don't change if you pick up a damned mushroom or kick something. The type of puzzle game that I love. I actually won it a couple of times - got to see the spaceship & everything. :D

Pills and mushrooms. The Nintendo cartel doesn't discriminate based on age.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Hey BC, have you lived there for long enough to know/remember when KIOW radio had Mrs. Claus on before Christmas? She would read letters from kids and (kind of) answer them on air on behalf of Santa. Early-mid 90s.
DD and I were just talking about that and neither of us remember who that was, but we’re sure we knew her. I worked at KIOW - then 102.3 - for a short while when we lived in FC.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

FWIW, I kicked ass at this game. I don't remember it ever ending though. I thought it hit level 23 or 24 at the fastest level and it just kept getting faster and faster until you died.

I remember needing to give my eyes a break after playing that top level over and over.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hey BC, have you lived there for long enough to know/remember when KIOW radio had Mrs. Claus on before Christmas? She would read letters from kids and (kind of) answer them on air on behalf of Santa. Early-mid 90s.
DD and I were just talking about that and neither of us remember who that was, but we’re sure we knew her. I worked at KIOW - then 102.3 - for a short while when we lived in FC.

She still does it. I heard it the other day. I have lived not far from forest city for 47 years (kinda giving my age here also). I am drawing a blank on her first name. Husband is/was Don Meyer who worked for Waldorf at the time we actually lived in Forest city and I worked in that town, mid to late 90s. I can picture her and would be on boards with her at Immanuel Lutheran, but name is just sliding off my brain.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
FWIW, I kicked ass at this game. I don't remember it ever ending though. I thought it hit level 23 or 24 at the fastest level and it just kept getting faster and faster until you died.

I remember needing to give my eyes a break after playing that top level over and over.
If you clear level 25, you win. You have to catch a really REALLY lucky start-up page to do it, though. Like I said, only made it a couple of times. You know the little vignettes that happen after levels 10, 15 & 20 are cleared? Well, after 25, a spaceship appears and beams the little dude up, then flies away (iirc - it's been about 15 years since I played the actual Nintendo).

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Yes! That’s definitely her. DD says she only knew her as Mrs. Meyer, but as an adult I’m pretty sure I knew her first name. Will need to think on that for a bit. Thank you!

P.S. Told DD, “Behold the power of a sports message board!” She rolled her eyes.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes! That’s definitely her. DD says she only knew her as Mrs. Meyer, but as an adult I’m pretty sure I knew her first name. Will need to think on that for a bit. Thank you!

P.S. Told DD, “Behold the power of a sports message board!” She rolled her eyes.

Do you know that Mr Janny also worked there?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, basically there are three of us going. Myself and I need to look for

Velo:

images

and Gr8:

upload_2018-12-13_13-41-47.jpeg

This is it?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
@Ms3r4ISU and @BCClone, I spent two terms in Forest City - my Dad was associate pastor at Immanuel Lutheran in the mid 60s (yeah, I know how old I am, thank you very much!) and then I was at Waldorf from 1973-75 before I attended ISU. In fact, all 5 members of my nuclear family got degrees at Waldorf - that's where my parents met each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.