Alright WSU fan here

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I do find it funny that your fans are bitter to play us because we aren’t a cfb power but I still have the Paul Wulff years fresh in my memory when you guys couldn’t beat anyone.
I don't think that's fair to Washington State. It doesn't really seem like they're bitter to play us, it's that they'd rather be in a NY6 bowl and felt they had a chance to be there. And if their situation happened to us we'd be acting the exact same way.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They are 10-2 and had obvious targeting call vs USC not called and it cost them a 1st and goal at the 8 then missed a FG and lost. Lost the apple cup in a blizzard by 12 points and were dumped 5 spots in the polls.

Getting screwed by a conference. Something we're plenty familiar with. We have this thing called an "Apology Wall"...

apology_wall.jpg

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
What you want to know?

But first:

Yes WSU fans are bitter, but expect that to last about 12 hours as this is our record 4th bowl in a row. WSU fans travel well, very well and will sell way more tickets then you think.

This is a good football team and they play very good defense. Should be a fun game.
Yah and thanks for Jim Walden, it was a great experience.

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: dirtycy and CySmurf

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
I know nothing about WSU, other than Leach is the coach, so I expect a lot of control passing, which is something that ISU has defended pretty well for the most part this year. ISU is rather sporadic on offense this year, but has some outstanding skill players that can take over a game.
Our defense is ranked in the top 30ish and led the pac 12 in sacks. It’s all based on speed and they will tough indoors on turf

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Wanted West Virginia? I don’t wish those fans on anyone, you should be damn happy to have ISU as an opponent. Holgerson probably would have whined that the Minshew Moustache was unprofessional.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I do find it funny that your fans are bitter to play us because we aren’t a cfb power but I still have the Paul Wulff years fresh in my memory when you guys couldn’t beat anyone.

Wulff = CPR.
Doba = Chizik
CMC >>>> Leach but MUCH less colorful.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
They are 10-2 and had obvious targeting call vs USC not called and it cost them a 1st and goal at the 8 then missed a FG and lost. Lost the apple cup in a blizzard by 12 points and were dumped 5 spots in the polls.

Obvious calls "missed" against traditional powers and disrespect in the polls?
Our fanbases may be related.

We'll find ways to hate you by gametime, but this is good stuff.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Quick rundown on us

Started 1-3 before putting in freshman Brock Purdy at QB (who picked us over Alabama and Texas A&M). He saved our season.

David Montgomery is our star running back. Power back that does not go down easy. Yards per carry wont blow you away, but a lot of that is due to him running behind an average offensive line.

Hakeem Butler is our star wide receiver. 6'6 225 lbs that has speed. Has some head scratching drops, but will also make plays like this

Defense was the best in the Big 12, but struggled later in the year as injuries piled up. As mentioned earlier, we run a 3-3-5 and it all starts with our nose guard Ray Lima who is 6-3 305 lbs.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron