Hilton Last Night?

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I was unable to attend last night due to a work event, so I gave my tickets to a couple of young fans who were incredibly excited to go. I watched most of the game on my phone, but that didn't really tell me me much about our crowd. How was the atmosphere? I heard they had some former players in the crowd too, anyone know which ones?

This could be hyperbole, but a game like that against a former rival (albeit not a very good one) feels like one this young team can very much build on, similar to the win vs Michigan at the start of the Niang era. Obviously not on that scale, but it has me excited for the future of this team again.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
Getting to and in to the parking areas was a nightmare. Idiots directing traffic. Game atmosphere good, Misery never challenged so fans sat on hands a bit. Many early leavers with 4 minutes to go.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought it was a good turnout for a 6pm game on a Friday night.

There was a lot of hustle by our guys last night and we tipped a ball out of bounds thru the baseline and the crowd stood up and cheered. That was the best part of the game. Everyone seeing how much effort was being put into forcing turnovers.

• Agree
Reactions: yCy and cyfamily

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Heck there was a good amount of people that left at the under 8:00 timeout when we were up 20.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Always blows my mind
That doesn’t bug me as much as a tight game, the under 4 timeout happens, and Flag Guy is trying to run around and not hit them all, just so they can stand on the inner concourse.
If you’re going to get out of your seat to leave; leave, make traffic better. But standing on that concourse hardly accomplishes anything.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Heck there was a good amount of people that left at the under 8:00 timeout when we were up 20.

There's a group of 4-6 older folks near me that leave at the under 8 timeout EVERY GAME, regardless of score, opponent, or anything. I get it if you just hate traffic or whatever. But if it's a big opponent, and it's a close game, I mean c'mon! Why are you even there?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
20 is usually our cut point when we're driving home after. But since we stayed for the FB game on Saturday, there was no cut point Fri night:) There was no cut point on #s of beers either, which was a slight mistake come Sat morning.

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
Getting to and in to the parking areas was a nightmare. Idiots directing traffic. Game atmosphere good, Misery never challenged so fans sat on hands a bit. Many early leavers with 4 minutes to go.
I, along with numerous cars ahead of and behind me, cut across the grass from University into the lots. The University entrance to D3 had its gate closed for whatever reason so we all used the grass! Attendant in the lot said to park in any lot we wanted to!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That doesn’t bug me as much as a tight game, the under 4 timeout happens, and Flag Guy is trying to run around and not hit them all, just so they can stand on the inner concourse.
If you’re going to get out of your seat to leave; leave, make traffic better. But standing on that concourse hardly accomplishes anything.

I dream about Flag Guy just creaming folks who are leaving early!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron