UFC Thread

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
That Diaz fight was going to be exciting. Cormier will do exactly what Khabib just did. Take him down, wear him out, and get a stoppage. The difference is Lewis will wear down way faster. Probably second or third round. They say Diaz is off the card now. Wish they would put him in with Al Iaquinta. That would be a good fight.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is probably a more appropriate thread. I'm jacked for that Jones v. Gustafsson fight. Probably more than 229. Cormier and Lewis is interesting because even though Cormier should beat him easily, it only takes one from Lewis and if COrmier tries to go to the ground he better end up on top. If he doesn't, Lewis can end it.

Give me Lee vs. Diaz. I'm sure Lee is working for it and he fits into that "playoff" type of scenario just as well.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is probably a more appropriate thread. I'm jacked for that Jones v. Gustafsson fight. Probably more than 229. Cormier and Lewis is interesting because even though Cormier should beat him easily, it only takes one from Lewis and if COrmier tries to go to the ground he better end up on top. If he doesn't, Lewis can end it.

Give me Lee vs. Diaz. I'm sure Lee is working for it and he fits into that "playoff" type of scenario just as well.

No way a wrestler of Cormier's pedigree ends up on the bottom of a wrestling skirmish with Lewis. It would have to be after a big punch from him. Then yes he could end it. Right now I will take Jones but would not be shocked if Gustafson beat him. Ring rust, No roids, Alexander came really close in that first fight.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I don't pay much attention to UFC but I did watch the entire card last Saturday. Is Lewis the one who KO'd the big Russian dude with about 8 seconds left in a fight he was going to lose by UD?
Yep. He better work on his cardio like a mad man before his Cormier match up. On the FS1 post-fight show Lewis said he only does 30-60 minutes of cardio a day and Bisping was like yeah you need to get those numbers up.

Reactions: The_Architect

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yep. He better work on his cardio like a mad man before his Cormier match up. On the FS1 post-fight show Lewis said he only does 30-60 minutes of cardio a day and Bisping was like yeah you need to get those numbers up.

Or Lewis just says it is what it is and he does his thing hoping for a 2 round fight.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That Diaz fight was going to be exciting. Cormier will do exactly what Khabib just did. Take him down, wear him out, and get a stoppage. The difference is Lewis will wear down way faster. Probably second or third round. They say Diaz is off the card now. Wish they would put him in with Al Iaquinta. That would be a good fight.
Khabib barely got touched by Conor. If the Board allows the UFC should just book Diaz/Khabib now. Diaz is ready and Khabib is pretty much too. 231 maybe?

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Khabib barely got touched by Conor. If the Board allows the UFC should just book Diaz/Khabib now. Diaz is ready and Khabib is pretty much too. 231 maybe?

As much as I hate Tony Ferguson, that title shot needs to be his. Also, since he's such a try-hard, I could see him trying to get that Diaz fight but Lee makes the most sense. He hasn't fought in some time and he should be ready.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No way a wrestler of Cormier's pedigree ends up on the bottom of a wrestling skirmish with Lewis. It would have to be after a big punch from him. Then yes he could end it. Right now I will take Jones but would not be shocked if Gustafson beat him. Ring rust, No roids, Alexander came really close in that first fight.

The problem with Lewis, even though he doesn't have much for technique, is that he is so explosive in those wrestling battles. He's very tough to keep down and he's a massive human being. I think Cormier is massive for this fight as well, reminiscent of what he looked like in his early days.

• Agree

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
As much as I hate Tony Ferguson, that title shot needs to be his. Also, since he's such a try-hard, I could see him trying to get that Diaz fight but Lee makes the most sense. He hasn't fought in some time and he should be ready.
Ferguson Diaz would be good. Both are weird af except Diaz has humor.

• Agree

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The problem with Lewis, even though he doesn't have much for technique, is that he is so explosive in those wrestling battles. He's very tough to keep down and he's a massive human being. I think Cormier is massive for this fight as well, reminiscent of what he looked like in his early days.
The body size difference between DC and Lewis is kind of crazy. 25 lbs and 7 inches of reach!
upload_2018-10-10_15-50-10.png

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I can only imagine the speech from Lewis about what he is going to do to his wife if he was to win

• Winner

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
UFC 230 tomorrow. Who ya got?

upload_2018-11-2_12-50-46.png

Give me Cormier. Lewis has terrible stamina so if DC wrestles him down over and over it will be an easy win.

• Agree

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
10214_4682_0x2-76.jpg

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
I think Cormier will win easily.....even though I would like to hear another Derrick Lewis post fight interview!

Jones/Gustavson 2 should be good.....Gustavson got hosed on the first fight, and beat Jones handily (minus the champ bias the judges obviously had on that one).

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I love the UFC. However, I see myself losing interest with the ESPN move and now having to stream it online and pay for it. With Fox I could watch the fight nights and get to know the fighters before they moved up to the big show and get to see some good fights. Now having to go online to watch it, I just don't see myself doing that. I don't watch sports online. To bad I really like the sport and will probably tune into the big fights but not the weekend fight night type stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06