Bowl Game Projections

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
Just gonna tap the brakes here and suggest everyone go get their blood Kool-Aid levels checked. I mean, what's all this talk of going to a bowl game? In August, most of us were expecting to only get 4 wins, 5 if we're lucky. Well, we got our 5 wins so why are we putting all this unrealistic pressure on our team to win anymore? So how about this: Let's just say "Mission Accomplished" We should not get greedy. Let's just take it easy now. I say we accept our record as a triumph as it is and start focusing on next year. :D

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just gonna tap the brakes here and suggest everyone go get their blood Kool-Aid levels checked. I mean, what's all this talk of going to a bowl game? In August, most of us were expecting to only get 4 wins, 5 if we're lucky. Well, we got our 5 wins so why are we putting all this unrealistic pressure on our team to win anymore? So how about this: Let's just say "Mission Accomplished we should not get greedy and take it easy now. I say we accept our record as a triumph as it is and start focusing on next year. :D

Smack yourself until the Kool-Aid kicks in.

Reactions: wxman1

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Man this is fun. Taking about bowl games again. Would that be the old tangerine bowl? Id take that in Orlando against a team like NC State. Would be a lot of fun.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Just gonna tap the brakes here and suggest everyone go get their blood Kool-Aid levels checked. I mean, what's all this talk of going to a bowl game? In August, most of us were expecting to only get 4 wins, 5 if we're lucky. Well, we got our 5 wins so why are we putting all this unrealistic pressure on our team to win anymore? So how about this: Let's just say "Mission Accomplished" We should not get greedy. Let's just take it easy now. I say we accept our record as a triumph as it is and start focusing on next year. :D

You're obviously joking, but it's kind of an interesting point. I predicted 5 wins and would have been happy with that progress. With this good start, it's going to be difficult to be happy with six or seven wins if that's how it ends. Winning is confusing.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Mods, can we delete this post? It’s un-American. :jimlad. There’s a chasm between satisfied and euphoric. We’re going full-tantric now that we’ve passed Titanic.

• Funny
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Man this is fun. Taking about bowl games again. Would that be the old tangerine bowl? Id take that in Orlando against a team like NC State. Would be a lot of fun.

Name Changes: Blockbuster Bowl (1990-93); Carquest Bowl (1994-97); Micron PC Bowl (1998); MicronPC.com Bowl (1999-2000); Visit Florida Tangerine Bowl (2001); Mazda Tangerine Bowl (2002-03); Champs Sports Bowl (2004-11); Russell Athletic Bowl (2012-16); Camping World Bowl (since 2017)
Playing Sites: Joe Robbie Stadium, renamed Pro Player Stadium in 1996, Miami (1990-2000); Florida Citrus Bowl (since 2001)