Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Trying to remember when the last time I posted anything of significance...littlest00 is in school now, so no more daycare, lawsuit filed on our house flooding last year is about it. Buyout...not really, deal has to be approved by shareholders and regulators. Yogas...I guess I'll just say that Mrs00 and I still have a fantastic relationship in all aspects that hasn't changed, but I'm working on getting myself in line with the teachings of my faith. Not going further because I don't want to start a religious argument, but rest assured, we're still madly in love with each other.

HE LIVES!

BTW I should have IMd you but I got a new job so no more random visits from me. I know it will be hard but you must go on.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
HE LIVES!

BTW I should have IMd you but I got a new job so no more random visits from me. I know it will be hard but you must go on.

Congrats! Prolly for the better, your visits would have to be to my replacement, I changed jobs too. Same general area, couple doors down. Holla sometime.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
so, kickball.

We were short people this week and had to play with nine, though I'm not sure that would have helped. The theme of this week was "deflategate". I get up to kick my first time and think I struck out. That ball was like kicking a flat tire. It was horrible. Anyway. Guys kick and they kick so many foul balls. So much foul.

We do nada and go out to field. This was like, a comedy of errors. So there was a great kick directly toward me so I did what any good fielder would do and decide that yeah I probably can't catch that so I'm not even going to try and just let it drop right in front of me and person gets safely on first. Oh and person on third scores. That was all me. Think we're down 2-0 at that point. DH was much disapprove. Oh, so one of the other team's guys kicked a foul toward first and the ball was oblong as it rolled. It was so flat! They were all joking about it too.
I don't think I kicked in our next at bat so let's skip ahead to my next **** up.

Ground ball toward me and I'm like I got this ****. It's on the ground, it's not a scary air ball, I can do this.

That mother ******* ball somehow got right through my legs and person was again safe. Dh starts yelling at me "CG, you gotta keep your legs closed!!!" First base guy (who is third base coach from a couple weeks ago who said DH was ****** after his kick getting me out) is like, "DH, you're walking a fine line two weeks in a row!" Also, I was telling Dh that I needed to do my kickball update and he's like "make sure to tell them about my awesome joke". :rolleyes:

Anyway, the guys on our team ******* sucked kicking that flat tire. The girls all got on base. The one guy (normally very good) kicked straight into the catcher and he was out. He was much pissed. My next kick I had a great kick toward first because people were on base and I just outran it. It was amazing that the ball did what I wanted it to. But people behind me screwed up so I think I got to second and then we were done. Next time up I kicked toward the pitcher and he tried to throw it at me and MISSED! I got to SECOND! I had a double! I was so proud.

But then. While on second, I yelled to third base coach "tell me what to do!" And he's like "two outs". I'm like..........is it already two outs??? Are you sure? Next guy pops it up and I take off. I hear DH yelling "go back" but I was already on the move and next thing I know I'm forced out at third BECAUSE THE ******* BASE COACH ****** UP HIS ONE ******* JOB WHICH WAS TO ******* COUNT. We only had 1 out. Mother. ******. He tried to be like "my bad" but I'm like I'mma sic demon child on you. ******* up my beautiful double. God dammit.

I got on base and to second again and that time DH yelled "TWO OUTS" so I knew for sure but then they caught the kicker out. Oh yeah, comedy of errors. So I detailed mine but our pitcher missed an incredibly easy catch that led to a run, I threw a ball to first that dude should have caught and he missed it. So person was safe on first but he then tried to throw the person running to second out and missed them so another person scored on that too. It was bad. For some reason, the more we sucked, the more people decided that throwing at runners would be a good idea. It's not! Just get it to the damn pitcher! Our defense was so bad. I also had a catch at first and second that I got outs on so I wasn't completely useless, fyi.

Somewhere in there somebody scored for us but that was it. We got our asses handed to us 7-1. They are the top team so it's slightly less awful.

I'm really sick of terrible third base coaches **** blocking me on scoring! I may have to insist that DH be my coach so at least the blame can be on him. Wait, that may not work since he kicks after me. Anyway, that's how that went.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
so, kickball.

We were short people this week and had to play with nine, though I'm not sure that would have helped. The theme of this week was "deflategate". I get up to kick my first time and think I struck out. That ball was like kicking a flat tire. It was horrible. Anyway. Guys kick and they kick so many foul balls. So much foul.

We do nada and go out to field. This was like, a comedy of errors. So there was a great kick directly toward me so I did what any good fielder would do and decide that yeah I probably can't catch that so I'm not even going to try and just let it drop right in front of me and person gets safely on first. Oh and person on third scores. That was all me. Think we're down 2-0 at that point. DH was much disapprove. Oh, so one of the other team's guys kicked a foul toward first and the ball was oblong as it rolled. It was so flat! They were all joking about it too.
I don't think I kicked in our next at bat so let's skip ahead to my next **** up.

Ground ball toward me and I'm like I got this ****. It's on the ground, it's not a scary air ball, I can do this.

That mother ******* ball somehow got right through my legs and person was again safe. Dh starts yelling at me "CG, you gotta keep your legs closed!!!" First base guy (who is third base coach from a couple weeks ago who said DH was ****** after his kick getting me out) is like, "DH, you're walking a fine line two weeks in a row!" Also, I was telling Dh that I needed to do my kickball update and he's like "make sure to tell them about my awesome joke". :rolleyes:

Anyway, the guys on our team ******* sucked kicking that flat tire. The girls all got on base. The one guy (normally very good) kicked straight into the catcher and he was out. He was much pissed. My next kick I had a great kick toward first because people were on base and I just outran it. It was amazing that the ball did what I wanted it to. But people behind me screwed up so I think I got to second and then we were done. Next time up I kicked toward the pitcher and he tried to throw it at me and MISSED! I got to SECOND! I had a double! I was so proud.

But then. While on second, I yelled to third base coach "tell me what to do!" And he's like "two outs". I'm like..........is it already two outs??? Are you sure? Next guy pops it up and I take off. I hear DH yelling "go back" but I was already on the move and next thing I know I'm forced out at third BECAUSE THE ******* BASE COACH ****** UP HIS ONE ******* JOB WHICH WAS TO ******* COUNT. We only had 1 out. Mother. ******. He tried to be like "my bad" but I'm like I'mma sic demon child on you. ******* up my beautiful double. God dammit.

I got on base and to second again and that time DH yelled "TWO OUTS" so I knew for sure but then they caught the kicker out. Oh yeah, comedy of errors. So I detailed mine but our pitcher missed an incredibly easy catch that led to a run, I threw a ball to first that dude should have caught and he missed it. So person was safe on first but he then tried to throw the person running to second out and missed them so another person scored on that too. It was bad. For some reason, the more we sucked, the more people decided that throwing at runners would be a good idea. It's not! Just get it to the damn pitcher! Our defense was so bad. I also had a catch at first and second that I got outs on so I wasn't completely useless, fyi.

Somewhere in there somebody scored for us but that was it. We got our asses handed to us 7-1. They are the top team so it's slightly less awful.

I'm really sick of terrible third base coaches **** blocking me on scoring! I may have to insist that DH be my coach so at least the blame can be on him. Wait, that may not work since he kicks after me. Anyway, that's how that went.

# sticky smooth

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Checking the lunar calendar and the Moon is waning. New moon on the 19th. Should spell the end of DC.

4600557249.gif

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
so, kickball.

Good stuff, cg.........just one question.......aren't you old enough now that you don't need to be reminded to keep your legs closed? (Boys only think about one thing, you know.)

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What a weekend to be traveling with the team. Too bad my dad can't hear a thing, he was sitting a row or two behind MC on the plane and had no clue about Park not coming until I told him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son got a letter requesting info and video from a college. I guess he can give all the times he touched the ball this season and still be shorter than most highlight reel.

Maybe he will take it serious and concentrate on his grades this year. Needs to bump up about 2-3 in class rank. They may lose interest in a 3.6 gpa. Doesn't Yale basically require 4.0?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Looks like dc got gto too. I wonder how they know who to pm to join in. Probably smart enough to not ask any of the ladies, lol.

Also I see our game is on tv here. Going differently than I had expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.