Stupid logo hate thread

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
My guess is that we will be seeing this at some point during basketball season as well. I don't think it is just a football team thing. Could see it on an alternate basketball jersey or possibly on the court somewhere, which I really hope they don't do. What I'm afraid of is that they'll continually thrust this logo at us to the point where they can't get rid of it for at least a few years

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
But in reality no one outside of ISU fans give a hoot nor will they remember the down-the-drain logo. I assume it will never be used again, given all the flagellation here.

There will soon be shirts & hats sporting the new logo all over Target & Wal-Mart discount racks. Best case scenario the logo gets sent to the back burner after a few years as sales fall well short of expectations.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I read a lot of this thread. You care. No one else does.

The whole ISU uniform looked like something my 5 year old niece would drag out of her closet for Sunday Mass. I don't get it. So why would you?

ISU needs winning football (killed my pool, guys) like that one last night more than a new logo or identity, whatever that's suppose to mean.

But in reality no one outside of ISU fans give a hoot nor will they remember the down-the-drain logo. I assume it will never be used again, given all the flagellation here.
If we wanted your opinion, we'd ask.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and C.John

goldmember

May 31, 2006
ISU has a highly rated design school, so of course they used an outside company. I just saw Nike gear with this disaster on it, so this public humiliation will be long term.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
should have went back to this one
View attachment 50311
MIr5woh.gif

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
ISU has a highly rated design school, so of course they used an outside company. I just saw Nike gear with this disaster on it, so this public humiliation will be long term.

Wait. I thought this was about the players? Stop selling that train wreck if it isn't about the fans too....

A fun thing about college sports is how little light there is between the fans and the teams. Some walked the same halls and worked to get the same degrees.

So if the Bears wore a bloody turd on their helmet I wouldn't care much. My school makes a fool of themselves....there's a little more ownership there

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
There will soon be shirts & hats sporting the new logo all over Target & Wal-Mart discount racks. Best case scenario the logo gets sent to the back burner after a few years as sales fall well short of expectations.
And they will probably be dark maroon colored

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Is there an international symbol for a cyclone (not a tornado)?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I got a kick out of the players reaction in the video they posted on Twitter. They looked like a kid who got a ***** Christmas present but is trying to convince people they like it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Using it in the Sound the Sirens text is kinda neat I suppose.

DK6WDF3W0AE1S0q.jpg

Looks a lot better on that merchandise than on the helmets photos. Contrasted background gives it an actual angle/twist and corners instead of looking so lumpy.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Is there an international symbol for a cyclone (not a tornado)?
Ah, man. I am now really disappointed what your statement made me research. We have been a tornado (rotating column) instead of an actual cyclone (atmospheric system) the entire time. We should have a hurricane looking thing not a column. Sigh...

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk and wclarson

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
I personally love the old tornado logo from the 80s. I have even purchased some gear within the last 2 years that have that old logo. I like it better than what they rolled out last night.

However, the old or the modernized 80s logo can also be described as upside down poop emoji, toilet swirl, wizard hat, etc too. It also resembles a uterus illustration more so than last night's logo. Not a version that is free of potential jokes that I have seen yet.

The logo seemed backwards to me last night and it bothered me but looking at the image earlier in the thread, I can see why they had to put it "backwards". The holes and other items on the side of the helmet only gave them that orientation to place the decal unless the made the decal smaller.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 16

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Ah, man. I am now really disappointed what your statement made me research. We have been a tornado (rotating column) instead of an actual cyclone (atmospheric system) the entire time. We should have a hurricane looking thing not a column. Sigh...
Maybe someone will start a movement to change our name to match the new logo.