Akron Tailgate in Lot 4

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We have rented Lot 4 in Akron so that we can hold a tailgate for Iowa State fans. Did you know that at least fourteen members of the football staff have roots in northeast Ohio. For the record, this is not an official Iowa State event. It is a private event initiated by a few of us who just thought it needed to be done. After all, Iowa State tailgating played a part in getting Coach Campbell interested in the job.

Please send me a PM if you want to park in the lot and/or if you want to join us for the food, drinks, and games we will be providing. We also have a Facebook event page that we will give to anyone who sends me a PM to ask for it. I don't want to post it here lest we get trolled. It should be a great time in the Rubber City. We will send out more detailed information during the week before the game.

Go Cyclones!

P.S. 2015 started another thread with really good info about northeast Ohio (he is from Akron). Unfortunately, it freezes whenever I open it in Chrome, my usual browser, so I'm starting a new thread so that I can easily see the replies.

Mmbrooks

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2015
Montreal, QC
We have rented Lot 4 in Akron so that we can hold a tailgate for Iowa State fans. Did you know that at least fourteen members of the football staff have roots in northeast Ohio. For the record, this is not an official Iowa State event. It is a private event initiated by a few of us who just thought it needed to be done. After all, Iowa State tailgating played a part in getting Coach Campbell interested in the job.

Please send me a PM if you want to park in the lot and/or if you want to join us for the food, drinks, and games we will be providing. We also have a Facebook event page that we will give to anyone who sends me a PM to ask for it. I don't want to post it here lest we get trolled. It should be a great time in the Rubber City. We will send out more detailed information during the week before the game.

Go Cyclones!

P.S. 2015 started another thread with really good info about northeast Ohio (he is from Akron). Unfortunately, it freezes whenever I open it in Chrome, my usual browser, so I'm starting a new thread so that I can easily see the replies.

I sent you a PM

isutoad

Nov 12, 2008
IOWA

Go Cyclones!

6 of us will be coming. Is this the same one that the grit iron announced back in August. Menu, cost and how close is the parking. Thanks for doing this.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
6 of us will be coming. Is this the same one that the grit iron announced back in August. Menu, cost and how close is the parking. Thanks for doing this.

This is the tailgate that Jay Chapman and Coach Campbell announced at the Gridiron Club scrimmage.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We have RSVP's from 124 people for the tailgate in Akron and have settled on a menu featuring Montechristo breakfast sandwiches (ham & cheese with cardinal and gold dipping sauces), Cyclone OJ (vodka, OJ, and a grenadine swirl), and more.

Give me a PM if you want more info.

Reactions: isu_oak

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Mid-week bump for anyone else who is making the trip to Akron.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does anyone who is coming early Saturday morning to the Akron tailgate have one of those telescoping flagpoles? If so, can we use to to complete our domination of Lot 4?

Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just had two people offer to bring telescoping flagpoles for our Akron tailgate. I've got a truck and trailer full of tailgate stuff. We are ready to dominate Lot 4!

Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great representation. We had a few hundred in Lot 4, including a bunch at 7am (the lot isn't scheduled to open until 8am!). There is not much of a tailgate tradition in Akron, so we stood out nicely. It helped when we set up a bunch of Iowa State tents. And two folks brought telescoping flagpoles that rightly expressed our dominance over Akron.

Photos coming later.

P.S. I won the 50/50 raffle in the stadium!

Help Support Us

Become a patron