***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
So what's up with Grand Canyon University getting interest from basketball recruits? I didn't even know it existed until this last year.

Dan Majerle is the head coach. They've spent a ton of money to upgrade their facilities and overall athletic department, and MBB is the crown jewel. Their student section and game atmosphere are incredible for a WAC school. They've had some success, and will probably be in the tourney next year.

And that was talking Grand Canyon.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Dan Majerle is the head coach. They've spent a ton of money to upgrade their facilities and overall athletic department, and MBB is the crown jewel. Their student section and game atmosphere are incredible for a WAC school. They've had some success, and will probably be in the tourney next year.

Yeah GCU has been gaining steam for a few years now, it is in a good part of the Pheonix-Metro area, and with the overall conscious effort to upgrade their athletics facilities, like you said, they have a good piece carved out for themselves in that region. They will regularly compete with the middle to lower tier schools for west coast talent for the forseeable future.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Thunder Dan? Now I had to look into this. I learned that it is the only for-profit college participating in any Division 1 sports.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

This is first year GCU is eligible for the NCAA Tournament, and I'm giving them a preseason nod for WAC auto-bid.