Lindell Wigginton

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It's early to determine who he'll play like our how long he might stay.

He played on a team of legit prospects against a lot of the best players around.

Most of the games I saw he played a lot of the time in "defer" mode and still accumulated the stats he did.

That's the reason to be intrigued about what he can do because he's playing for a coach that maximizes point guards.

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

Saw that that Canadian team scored something like 92 to 41. Given the stat line it looks like LW knew he didn't need to score and decided to be the game manager. A good sign that he as the PG can do both; score (had 32 in an exhibition) and facilitate and realize when to do it.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
He's wearing #1 for the World Select team with the dark jerseys

Made smart passes in this tape. Love Wiggs already, but Collin Sexton looks like a dynamo in this tape. Fun highlights to watch all-around, but they kept bringing up the recruiting by the SEC... like Cuonzo Martin will actually win anything, and Bama isn't paying anybody haha.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
Made smart passes in this tape. Love Wiggs already, but Collin Sexton looks like a dynamo in this tape. Fun highlights to watch all-around, but they kept bringing up the recruiting by the SEC... like Cuonzo Martin will actually win anything, and Bama isn't paying anybody haha.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I also think that if you can't prove it, don't state it as fact

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Saw that that Canadian team scored something like 92 to 41. Given the stat line it looks like LW knew he didn't need to score and decided to be the game manager. A good sign that he as the PG can do both; score (had 32 in an exhibition) and facilitate and realize when to do it.

Yeah, don't be that guy that breaks a finger dunking in a 50 point game.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

Something to watch while I smoke that pork. Counted 3 times Wigginton made the first free throw, missed the second & got an oreb.

Reactions: DurangoCy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

We wanted Wigg and Sexton together, probably would have been a decent backcourt.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Watched a little over half of the game this morning, Lindell looked fantastic except for some missed free throws. Canada started off sluggish and Lindell's activity on both sides of the floor led to them taking charge of the game. Hit a 3 and another mid-ranger, other than that most of his buckets were at the rim in transition or off the pick and roll. His leaping ability and overall strength at the rim really surprised me, excellent finisher. Ended the game with 21p/9r/4a. Here are a few clips I found on twitter:

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
LW is going to be a complete stud..he's the type of PG that when coupled with 2 other very good players around him can take your program very very far

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Watched a little over half of the game this morning, Lindell looked fantastic except for some missed free throws. Canada started off sluggish and Lindell's activity on both sides of the floor led to them taking charge of the game. Hit a 3 and another mid-ranger, other than that most of his buckets were at the rim in transition or off the pick and roll. His leaping ability and overall strength at the rim really surprised me, excellent finisher. Ended the game with 21p/9r/4a. Here are a few clips I found on twitter:

Love how when he straight up stuffed that Japan player it was 19-8 Japan and next thing you know it's 29-25 Canada.

Reactions: IA_Cyclone70

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think a backcourt of Lindell and Donovan may be the most fun we've had in years.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Last edited:

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
He's put up some nice lines but he has really shot it poorly over there. Several factors at play when in a setting like that however. His rebounding has been a nice surprise too.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic