***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
A grad transfer that is already committed to ISU as long as he graduates? Interesting.

Does Murray State have anyone that would have been a Prohm recruit that wants to play with him again?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Still would love to get Thorpe, but I don't think that's happening. I'd still take Rooks if ISU can rise to the top of his 9-school list, or whatever it is, but not sure we even need more frontcourt guys for the coming season (hard to believe that's the case).

Having 3 positions available, we might be looking at 2 or even all 3 being sit-and-play instead of grad transfers (I don't know anything about what might be available w/ juco or mid-year players).

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
A grad transfer that is already committed to ISU as long as he graduates? Interesting.

Some kids that are 4 years removed from HS and could potentially graduate this summer.

Cameron Reynolds
6-7 215 lbs from Tulane
17.0 ppg 6.7 rpg 1.5 apg. 32% career 3 pt shooter

AJ Davis
6-9 215 from UCF
10.0 ppg 6.6 rpg 2.7 apg

Brenton Scott
6-1 200 lb from Indiana State
15.9 ppg 4.9 rpg 2.4 apg 38% career 3 pt shooter

Juwan Parker
6-4 200 lbs from Georgia
9.5 ppg 5.5 rpg 1.8 apg 18% 3 career 3 pt shooter

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I know he's a Juco, but the Davion Cole-Johnson thing intrgues me. Just because he's very athletic, so he is going to play somewhere next season, it's very late in the process, and Iowa St is basically the only school that's been connected to him. Prohm and the official men's basketball account are following him on Twitter as well.

With 3 available, I think you absolutely take a chance on him. It's only a two year commitment, and further balances the classes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I know he's a Juco, but the Davion Cole-Johnson thing intrgues me. Just because he's very athletic, so he is going to play somewhere next season, it's very late in the process, and Iowa St is basically the only school that's been connected to him. Prohm and the official men's basketball account are following him on Twitter as well.

With 3 available, I think you absolutely take a chance on him. It's only a two year commitment, and further balances the classes.

If what some of what you say is true, about us being the only school connected to him, wouldn't we have had him by now if we really wanted him? So, if he isn't better than a 'hopeful' late grad transfer, then don't fill it just to fill it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If what some of what you say is true, about us being the only school connected to him, wouldn't we have had him by now if we really wanted him? So, if he isn't better than a 'hopeful' late grad transfer, then don't fill it just to fill it.

I'm not much aware about Cole-Johnson (I plan to do some quick research after this post) ... think about how many possible transfers ISU was pursuing but couldn't land, plus having 3 players transfer out, maybe his status has risen.

Nobody wants to be in a position of "well, we couldn't get X or Y, so we'll take Z." But the only alternative that matters is to get the best fit still available. (C-J wouldn't be the only option, just an example).

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I guess I don't know if we're the only school connected to him, but according to his Twitter page, were the most prominent.

You may be right about his talent, but there's something off with his whole recruitment, and I think his academic scares had some to do with it. I mean, he averaged 18 ppg, on a high level Juco team, and rated the 37th overall Juco by one publication. That should be worthy of some Power 6 school consideration.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
McIntosh from Illinois State officially withdraws from draft. Any way we can appeal them blocking us and go after him? Or is that ship sailed because we got Brase? Realize we need a quard/wing but with Brase's knee injury past, is McIntosh a need?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
McIntosh from Illinois State officially withdraws from draft. Any way we can appeal them blocking us and go after him? Or is that ship sailed because we got Brase? Realize we need a quard/wing but with Brase's knee injury past, is McIntosh a need?

Ship has sailed

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Yeah he can appeal it but don't know if he is interested in that or not.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006

The kid is 6-3 and can't shoot from the perimeter and that won't cut it in the Prohm offense or the B12.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Prohm said it is doubtful they add anymore grad transfers unless there is new development. Also stated they could play with 9 scholarship players this year and save the final 2 for the next class. Not going to add somebody just to add them.

He say this recently? Thought last week he said they had an eye on grad transfers still. Also, CW and Halsted have hinted at a secret player.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
He say this recently? Thought last week he said they had an eye on grad transfers still. Also, CW and Halsted have hinted at a secret player.

Just said it today. I am guessing the player that thought he might graduate isn't going to or decided not going to transfer.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'm fine not adding someone just to add someone. We just went through that with Carter and Kasongo.

Look...I get not adding just to add someone. And also get that a rotation might only be 7 players mostly. But only 9 eligible scholarship players next year on the roster??? And one of the 9 is coming off a second ACL surgery/rehab. Man, that seems risky. You could have another injury, heaven forbid, or a suspension, also heaven forbid. Yikes!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Doesn't rule out another sit-out guy, though. So could be less before the season starts.

I would be fine with that. You only play with 8-9 max, so if you have 3 guys sitting out that's perfectly fine.

My only question is who is left for sit-out transfers?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman