Lindell Wigginton

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Nike Hoop Summit highlights. Wigginton definitely has a great feel for where the open shooters are, definitely a pass-first PG. 7 assists (high for all players) in 22 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing him develop under Prohm.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Watched the first half of the Hoops Summit, recorded the rest. Bottom line to me, wigginton s team was much better when he was in the game. That's the highest praise you can give a point guard IMHO.
I was thinking the same. After the game I noticed his minutes played were 2nd on the team

Reactions: zarnold56

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Agreed, he is a scoring PG. But he said going into this game that he wanted to put his PG skills and passing on display to show people he could do it. Well, he did it. I think we gotta great one here boys.

It was a smart move by him for his pro ambitions. This event caters to NBA scouts and put names on the their draft boards. Due to his size 6'2" his best position is PG in the NBA. Wigginton had a number of prospect that can finish getting them the ball to score shows he can play in that way. Lindell be asked to score more for ISU so he'll have pliantly of time to show that aspect of the game in the next years.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
One of the announcers mentioned Wigginton after a play about going to Iowa State and that he could be a one-and-done. Very excited about him, realize he's now a 5-star, feel he'll make an instant impact on our team, but I guess when it comes to the big12 level he will have to play at, especially on defense, I don't sense that early of a departure. And that's perfectly fine with me....we'll take him for more years. Now, if he proves amazing during his freshmen season, I'll gladly eat those words, but there's a lot of talent on these multiple all-star teams and he happens to be one of them. Not to mention all the talented upperclassmen in the big 12.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
One of the announcers mentioned Wigginton after a play about going to Iowa State and that he could be a one-and-done. Very excited about him, realize he's now a 5-star, feel he'll make an instant impact on our team, but I guess when it comes to the big12 level he will have to play at, especially on defense, I don't sense that early of a departure. And that's perfectly fine with me....we'll take him for more years. Now, if he proves amazing during his freshmen season, I'll gladly eat those words, but there's a lot of talent on these multiple all-star teams and he happens to be one of them. Not to mention all the talented upperclassmen in the big 12.

He could be one and done if he wanted to be. He said he wants to play two or three years at Iowa State though. Which is great for us, and makes him better/a higher draft pick.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He could be one and done if he wanted to be. He said he wants to play two or three years at Iowa State though. Which is great for us, and makes him better/a higher draft pick.
I guess anyone could be a one and done, but I assume you mean get drafted after one? He's not at that level imo. Is he on any draft boards? He'll be a great player for us, eventually.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I guess anyone could be a one and done, but I assume you mean get drafted after one? He's not at that level imo. Is he on any draft boards? He'll be a great player for us, eventually

That's only if you're assuming he isn't going to get better during a year starting in the Big12. NBA drafts on potential, which he has.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That's only if you're assuming he isn't going to get better during a year starting in the Big12. NBA drafts on potential, which he has.
He's got so much potential that he's not showing up on draft boards? Let's not get too carried away. Lots of guys have potential.

I think he'll be fine, but he did just airball three times in a shooting competition.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
He's got so much potential that he's not showing up on draft boards? Let's not get too carried away. Lots of guys have potential.

I think he'll be fine, but he did just airball three times in a shooting competition.

Royce White didn't show up on draft boards until March of the one year he played. Show me a mock draft a year out that's 100% accurate and I'll trust your precious boards of the future.

He wasn't a 5 Star a week ago, but he is now? Weird how things change huh. A lot of people thought he should be a 5 star, before Rivals made the change on their board.