Lindell Wigginton

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Would be a huge get. Jared tweeted that Oregon & us are considered the leaders right now. Hopefully he schedules a visit soon.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oregon I think but they just got a good PG last class so I think we're going to come down to the wire

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
But what are these assistant coaches doing? Do they actually recruit anyone? Why are we pulling offers from kids that want to visit? I'm concerned about Prohm he's barely been here a calendar year but his recruiting suuuuccccckkkkssssss... Blah blah blah stfu.
Sounds encouraging

Reactions: Jacktronic

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Oregon I think but they just got a good PG last class so I think we're going to come down to the wire
Yeah, Payton Pritchard. Plus they're the favorite for a top 50 combo guard in 2017 so hopefully those help us.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Canada kid now at a prep school in the US it looks like. Get him with Naz on a visit. Of course Oregon has Dillon Brooks.

Would be awesome to snag Lewis, Feazell, and McNeill pretty quick here and then go down swinging for this kid, Sexton, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
But what are these assistant coaches doing? Do they actually recruit anyone? Why are we pulling offers from kids that want to visit? I'm concerned about Prohm he's barely been here a calendar year but his recruiting suuuuccccckkkkssssss... Blah blah blah stfu.

Somebody needs a hug...

Reactions: MTCyclone43

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Some video of Lindell. Good athlete with size for someone his age with some hops and nice outside shot.

Would you say more combo or shooting guard than true point guard? Or is he considered a pg only?

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Would you say more combo or shooting guard than true point guard? Or is he considered a pg only?
He looks like a combo guard to me with some very good athleticism for his size. Definitely not a pass first old school PG, but could grow into more of a distributor as he develops. His scoring ability might earn him early minutes wherever he lands. I should add he appears to have good court vision and the handle to a be a quality PG.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I'd say Wiggington is more of a scoring combo guard rather than a true PG. That said he fast enough to defend PG's and was able to penetrate and dish the ball to the post effectively.
Considering Prohm's recent history with PG's (Cannon and Payne) recruiting Jackson and reports that he wants Monte to score more and play off the ball some this may be the type of PG that he wants for his system.

Reactions: tadsteinberger

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
PG doesn't mean what it used to. You want a PG who can score these days. So I don't think Wigginton is a combo. Also he is known as a good passer and a heady player with good intangibles plus the ability to penetrate and score from all the scouting reports I have seen. Sounds like the Ducks have been a favorite for awhile now though.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Update with Wigginton with quotes.
Fingers crossed he'll make it on to ISU campus, first hurdle is Oregon Sept 10th.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...8-4-star-lindell-wigginton-schedules-2-visits

"Iowa State will then get their chance with the top 100 prospect the weekend of September 24th.

“Good relationship with the coaches, great fan support, coach let's his guards play and coach feels I can come play right away,” he responded when asked about the Cyclones."

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fingers crossed he'll make it on to ISU campus, first hurdle is Oregon Sept 10th.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...8-4-star-lindell-wigginton-schedules-2-visits

"Iowa State will then get their chance with the top 100 prospect the weekend of September 24th.

“Good relationship with the coaches, great fan support, coach let's his guards play and coach feels I can come play right away,” he responded when asked about the Cyclones."

I have a bad feeling he will commit to Oregon before Sept 24th. I hope I'm wrong

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I'm curious to whether or not the fact Oregon doesn't have anyone committed yet will play into his decision? We have 2 very solid commits right now and as we've all heard before, talent wants to play with other talent.

Reactions: CycloneBBFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron