GO AFTER MIKE LEACH!!!!!!

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
I know he's quirky, but pay what it costs and get it done. Similar to Eustachy in some regards.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
**** no. We already tried one player abuser on our staff. See how that worked out?

BTW: Jamie only likes choir boys without a potty mouth and Leach doesn't fit that bill.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I no longer want a Leach style offense for our situation in a 9 game Big 12. I did at one point, but I think I was wrong.

I want an offense like we've had the past few first halves with Lanning/Warren/Lazard taking huge chunks of time off the clock. An offense like Kansas State usually has. Even an offense like Iowa usually has.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
No thanks. Don't want to try to compete with all the other Air Raid clones in this conference. Would rather follow the K-State blueprint. Get us a coach who likes to see maulers on the O-Line and a bruising running game.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
**** no. We already tried one player abuser on our staff. See how that worked out?
Don't think he was an "abuser" though. MM was quite abusive.
IIRC Leach has 3 rules that I respect:
1. No hitting women
2. No illegal drugs use
3. No stealing

but probably his time has passed.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Leach is doing pretty well at Wazzu, why would he come to ISU?

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As other's have said, makes no sense to run that type of offense. The offense we saw the last few games makes a lot more sense.

It makes more sense not just because we can't get the athletes to run Baylor's offense, but because we actually can get the kids to play this style. Lazard is an anomaly. Players like Lanning and some of our midwest linemen aren't all that out of the ordinary in terms of skill set. We've had plenty of local QBs who are big physical kids who can run this offense and quite a few linemen as well over the years.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I no longer want a Leach style offense for our situation in a 9 game Big 12. I did at one point, but I think I was wrong.

I want an offense like we've had the past few first halves with Lanning/Warren/Lazard taking huge chunks of time off the clock. An offense like Kansas State usually has. Even an offense like Iowa usually has.

Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech offense could be fun in the Big 12 and fit our personnel group. Lanning would have to learn to lateral though...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Scott Frost

Not horrible suggestion even knowing the Nebraska job is almost certain to be open in the next few years.

I doubt Nebraska hires him if he comes here and doesn't win after the Riley debacle.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pro style offense please. Only way to find success at ISU IMO.

After seeing Lazard shake off dbs like gnats I wouldn't even mind if we recruited purely towards size at some positions, WRs that are borderline tight ends etc... Obviously you want size and speed like AL has but I think there are mismatches to be had without a ton of 4 and 5 star guys. On defense obviously you can't go away from speed.

Lanning and Lazard are only sophomores and Big 12 defenses often look silly trying to bring them down. Let's get as many big bruisers as we can on the offense and forget about all this jet tempo stuff.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
After seeing Leech go 6-2 in the Pac-12 is a huge turn-around for that program. They face many of the same problems we do by being one of the northern most teams dominated by a conference based in California.

Also....ESPN ran with a ***** story because one of their commentator's (Craig James of CJK5H fame)
kid was a little *****. I bet if you ask Michael Crabtree or Kingsbury what they think of Leach you'll hear a completely different story.

TL;DR: If you wouldn't take Leach as the head coach you are a ******* idiot.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
After seeing Leech go 6-2 in the Pac-12 is a huge turn-around for that program. They face many of the same problems we do by being one of the northern most teams dominated by a conference based in California.

Also....ESPN ran with a ***** story because one of their commentator's (Craig James of CJK5H fame)
kid was a little *****. I bet if you ask Michael Crabtree or Kingsbury what they think of Leach you'll hear a completely different story.

TL;DR: If you wouldn't take Leach as the head coach you are a ******* idiot.

None of us know for sure.

Any of the positive and negatives you can put on Leach you could put on Mangino too and he clearly was not getting it done here even as an OC.

ISU has better facilities and fan support than WSU but I'm not sure a P5 coach leaves a secure job for ISU now even if it's one of the few that has negative aspects compared to ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron