Walking Dead

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I just got done watching it. I'm not buying Glen's death. The way they shot it, with the guy falling on top of him while they are falling off the dumpster gives them enough wiggle room to plausibly get him out of it. I think Glen's death would be a bigger deal, and probably end the episode, if not the season,.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
There was the "dumb ***" reference to when Rick was trapped in the tank during the first episode at the start of this one. I have a feeling he returns the favor over Glenn's walkie when Glenn somehow crawls into it.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
From an interview today with the actor who played Nicholas:

MTV: You have to be aware of what the conversation has turned to at this point… Were those your guts being eaten? Was that your body on top of Glenn’s?

Traynor: I think to say anything about that would be to mar the experience of what the writers have in store for the fans, you know. They’ve never not honored the life of a character or the death of a character without a really complete story, and I think that the fans will get to experience what Scott Gimple and Gale Anne Hurd and Robert Kirkman have in store for Glenn. And I wouldn’t want to do anything to ruin what story is in store.

Yeah....Glenn's not dead.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I get the sentiment, but for real,.Carl isn't dying. The rick/carl dynamic is one of the shows core elements

Exactly. Protecting Carl (and Judith) also drives Rick to survive and protect his people at all costs. If you lose Carl, you're going to lose Rick, thus the show will end.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
From an interview today with the actor who played Nicholas:

MTV: You have to be aware of what the conversation has turned to at this point… Were those your guts being eaten? Was that your body on top of Glenn’s?

Traynor: I think to say anything about that would be to mar the experience of what the writers have in store for the fans, you know. They’ve never not honored the life of a character or the death of a character without a really complete story, and I think that the fans will get to experience what Scott Gimple and Gale Anne Hurd and Robert Kirkman have in store for Glenn. And I wouldn’t want to do anything to ruin what story is in store.

Yeah....Glenn's not dead.
I'm just glad Nicholas is dead and I would hate to see Glen go out because of that jerk

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'm just glad Nicholas is dead and I would hate to see Glen go out because of that jerk

In my opinion that is the perfect way to go out. Twice Glenn counted on Nicholas and twice the "good guys" ended up dead. The last thing I want is a long, drawn-out goodbye. I don't need to see him die in Maggie's arms, giving her back the watch Hershel gave him. The only way I'll be happy to see him in future episodes is if he is a walker or it's a flashback.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'll add Carl to your list of unkillables.

That being said, im not opposed to main characters going out in mundane ways too though. I mean, that would add some realism. Not everyone is going to go out guns blazing or in a major emotional way. Occasionally **** would happen to some of them the same way it happens to all the other redshirts.

Get out.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
alarson has the same hair cut:

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I pressed submit and it ****ed up, asking me if i wanted to leave the page or not. Then it refreshed and double posted.

Same thing happens to me quite a bit when using my phone at work (terrible reception in our building). It's frustrating.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'd guess this is an unpopular opinion but I'd rather Daryl died than Glenn. For the past about two seasons Daryl has been a complete pansy. Glenn was the true bad ***...but I guess Daryl rides a Harley and looks all cool so he is the popular one.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd guess this is an unpopular opinion but I'd rather Daryl died than Glenn. For the past about two seasons Daryl has been a complete pansy. Glenn was the true bad ***...but I guess Daryl rides a Harley and looks all cool so he is the popular one.

I just want to watch Daryl smoke cigarettes. There's something fascinating about the way he smokes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I want the Daryl back that we had before Beth ruined him. Damned useless eye-candy should have died at the farm.