Potential Transfers '14

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
As the CBB regular seasons ends the transfer season is begining, I though we should just have one thread to list potential transfers for CFH to take on next year as they declair they are leaving their programs. (Instead of starting a new thread for each individual who may not have any intrest from the staff or the player coming to Ames)

If we learn of potiential ISU link we can break them out to their own threads.

In addition to Mason, Ambrahamson and Dejean-Jones, threads already going.

Here is one that intrigued me. Anthony Lee - Yahoo! Sports

"Temple forward Anthony Lee has decided to transfer for his final year of eligibility, sources told CBSSports.com.

Lee can play immediately at his next destination, taking advantage of the graduate transfer rule.
The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 13.6 points and 8.6 rebounds this past season for the Owls.
Because he can play right away, expect multiple high-major schools to get involved. Lee racked up 11 double-doubles last season, and is active on the interior, both rebounding the ball and contesting shots. He finished his career at Temple with a 17-point, seven-rebound, three-block performance against UCF."
Temple's Anthony Lee transferring elsewhere for final season - CBSSports.com

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Not happening. What playing time would he get behind Mckay, Georges, Hogue, and Nader? We may get a guard to come in for next season, but defiantly not any forwards

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Not happening. What playing time would he get behind Mckay, Georges, Hogue, and Nader? We may get a guard to come in for next season, but defiantly not any forwards

never_say_never.gif

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Most Kansas fans feel that an Andrew White III transfer is virtually inevitable. He wouldn't be available next year but was a Top 50 recruit who will be a very good player given some minutes. I'd hate to see him go in conference and not sure KU would even allow it, but who knows? I hope the kid gets some minutes somewhere. Seems like a nice young man.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Most Kansas fans feel that an Andrew White III transfer is virtually inevitable. He wouldn't be available next year but was a Top 50 recruit who will be a very good player given some minutes. I'd hate to see him go in conference and not sure KU would even allow it, but who knows? I hope the kid gets some minutes somewhere. Seems like a nice young man.

Wouldn't he have to wait an extra year in conference?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
As the CBB regular seasons ends the transfer season is begining, I though we should just have one thread to list potential transfers for CFH to take on next year as they declair they are leaving their programs. (Instead of starting a new thread for each individual who may not have any intrest from the staff or the player coming to Ames)

If we learn of potiential ISU link we can break them out to their own threads.

In addition to Mason, Ambrahamson and Dejean-Jones, threads already going.

Here is one that intrigued me. Anthony Lee - Yahoo! Sports

"Temple forward Anthony Lee has decided to transfer for his final year of eligibility, sources told CBSSports.com.

Lee can play immediately at his next destination, taking advantage of the graduate transfer rule.
The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 13.6 points and 8.6 rebounds this past season for the Owls.
Because he can play right away, expect multiple high-major schools to get involved. Lee racked up 11 double-doubles last season, and is active on the interior, both rebounding the ball and contesting shots. He finished his career at Temple with a 17-point, seven-rebound, three-block performance against UCF."
Temple's Anthony Lee transferring elsewhere for final season - CBSSports.com
This guy and a solid SG/SF combo would be perfect IMO

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I'd take him, especially for non-conference. We're pretty thin up front and going to be terrible at rebounding until McKay is eligible.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
I heard from unnamed sources that jabari parker and julius randle won't be back at their schools next year. Any chance we can land either one of them? :jimlad:

Dingus

May 23, 2013

Not putting this on KU by any means, but I think it's ridiculous that teams can prevent a player from going to certain schools if they decide to transfer. They shouldn't get any say. The debacle with Uthoff and Wisc was just embarrassing.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Just a reminder of how things have gone in the past.......you can't always believe what you read...here are a couple of portions of an ESPN.com article published in May about the players who had made an "early" decision about where they were headed.

DeAndre Kane, 6-4, G, Sr. (can play immediately)
To: Pittsburgh

Marshall was supposed to compete for the C-USA title last season, but instead the Thundering Herd fell all the way off the face of the Earth, finishing a baffling 13-19 after 2011-12's solid campaign. Whatever happened to the Herd -- and DeAndre Kane may have been culpable for a portion of it, as he was essentially dismissed by Marshall coach Tom Herrion this spring* -- it's a nice pickup for Pitt along the way. Kane has never been a particularly good shooter, but is tough and hard-nosed and rebounds well for his position, and last season he dropped a dime on 42.0 percent of his possession, ninth-best in the country. All in all, it seems to be a good fit, though guards with sub-100 offensive ratings don't typically see the floor at Pitt.

Abdel Nader, 6-7, F, Soph.
To: Iowa State

No program in the country has made better use of transfers in the past two seasons than Iowa State. Nader was the best player on a really bad Northern Illinois team. Iowa State is losing a wave of seniors and needs a forward to pair with Georges Niang. It all sounds great, right? Just one problem: It's hard to tell if Nader is a diamond in the rough or merely the best player on an atrocious team. To wit, Nader's offensive rating in 2012-13 was 80.4; even Hinds thinks that's inefficient. Then again, some inefficiency is to be expected when you -- get this -- lead the nation in both usage rate (36.9 percent) and shot rate (42.1) on a team that finishes the season 5-25. I have no idea how this is going to go, but it's one to watch.

On top of this, don't forget that McKay originally went to Marquette before settling on ISU.

I guess I'm just saying that I think the one thread is a good idea, because things change. Put all the information and discussion in one place until we know that ISU is definitely pursuing someone......which of course we may never know until they actually sign.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I bet they would love to get a freshman or sophomore transfer at the forward position. After striking out on HS Forwards the last two year, they need to get some guys to replace that Niang/Nader/McKay class. It's not urgent, but will become urgent before too long.

By the way, has anybody seen how good a freshman season Vince Hunter had at UTEP?

Vince Hunter Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - UTEP Miners - ESPN

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Not happening. We need guards next year not forwards... as funny as that sounds.

Are you guys serious? He would be a lock to start the first semester. Right now we return the following posts: Georges.
Georges is not exactly known for defense and rebounding. Second semester we would actually have 3 posts for the 80 minutes. We have been gravely thin in the frontcourt this year, and have lost games because of it. Get this guy and Hogue and Nader can play their natural positions, or when the match-up is favorable.

Getting a guy like Lee and a combo guard like Bryce DeJean-Jones is exactly what we need.

Last edited:

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Not putting this on KU by any means, but I think it's ridiculous that teams can prevent a player from going to certain schools if they decide to transfer. They shouldn't get any say. The debacle with Uthoff and Wisc was just embarrassing.
Why not? They have paid for his schooling, coaching and training for the last two years. He should be allowed to use what he has received from Kansas to go to a conference opponent and play against them? I'm not a fan of that.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
A combo guard should be the primary target for a post grad target for next year.
After some extra thought. I agree Lee will probably be looking for a immediate starting gig, and that won't happen here with Mckay/Hogue or Niang at the 4-5. I think Nadar will be the 3. I saw the player announcement, and thought about McKay not being fall semester eligible and intrigue followed.
That is the main reason is why I thought this a general transfer thread could be benificial and I didn't give Lee his own...

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
You guys seriously don't want him? We have at least two scholarships open right now so why not Lee in addition to a scoring combo guard? He would be a great stop gap until McKay is eligible, would allow Niang to stop guarding other teams' center, and would allow Nader and Hogue to play more on the wing. This is a guy you take in a heartbeat if he's interested IMO.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why not? They have paid for his schooling, coaching and training for the last two years. He should be allowed to use what he has received from Kansas to go to a conference opponent and play against them? I'm not a fan of that.

He would still have to sit out a year, so it's not like there's not a penalty. Bill Self could take a job at Okie State the day after the tournament ended and yet a kid who is recruited over can't go to a different team in the same league?