*** Official ISU vs. Texas Gameday Thread ***

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
It's tough to look back at the last 4 weeks and say that we have been better than Kansas. I'm afraid they are gonna be pretty hungry for a win and they are playing at home.

we'll have a chance to prove it one way or another very soon. i may just have to stay away from this board on that day.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Grrrr. I just smashed my i-pod. I can't believe Steele is in there.

I really have no idea who you want to come in. Steele is the QB, get used to it. You might not like it, but thats reality.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I said two weeks ago that Steele should start against Oklahoma, but JB should start against Texas. Both of them suck, but Steele is less worse at passing (generally) and JB runs the run offense better. Texas' run defense is terrible, so we needed to play JB so that we could exploit that run defense. I was exactly correct in that assessment.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Seriously I can't beleive we aren't ready for this blitzing. Unreal.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
We need to go a different direction at OC next year. And before 'its his first year' guy chimes in, no, we promoted a guy from within a consistently failing offensive program. New direction entirely needed.

wait, a spread offense based on speed doesnt work playing with kids that didn't even have offers from the schools that actually run it well?

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Until Rhoads can get better recruits, which I highly doubt will happen, we will never have more than a 6-7 win ceiling.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I said two weeks ago that Steele should start against Oklahoma, but JB should start against Texas. Both of them suck, but Steele is less worse at passing (generally) and JB runs the run offense better. Texas' run defense is terrible, so we needed to play JB so that we could exploit that run defense. I was exactly correct in that assessment.

Hhahahahhahahah. Rotating QB play, great idea. Terrible, quit posting.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
We need to go a different direction at OC next year. And before 'its his first year' guy chimes in, no, we promoted a guy from within a consistently failing offensive program. New direction entirely needed.

Do you think Rhaods tries to give Mangino a chance?

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv

players aren't executing well enough to know what the plays even are. every pass play ends up being a broken play. all of our offerless diamonds in the rough recruits seem to be getting outplayed by all the overrated players with 4/5* and a boatload of offers.

to quote coach green "we are who we thought we were". a team with a good coach, a lot of grit, without the talent to get to the upper half of the big 12. not this year anyhow. hopefully our incoming recruits are less rough and more diamond. time will tell.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron